Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 124 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 122 123 124 125 126 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Tue, May 15 2012 5:29 PM

Jan, how exciting to be able to share your passion with your granddaughter.  I'm waiting to do the same with both of mine, since my daughter never had any interest.  I have two, aged 2 and 4.  Right now the only thing they're interested in is Sponge Bob, Dora and Thomas the Tank so I've put my plans on hold for a bit .. lol  The older one does seem to have a creative streak in her though, so I'm hopeful  :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Tue, May 15 2012 7:26 PM

Getting there...getting there on MQ6!!  I've discovered it's not so bad being behind as those who go before me are pointing out areas of frustration.  This enables me to be prepared and not 'panic', knowing others have had the same issues and have shared  their solutions!!  This forum is SO helpful, without this I would've quit after step 1.  Only one complaint...I would LOVE to see more pictures of everyone's journey with this quilt.  Tomorrow I will attempt to get computer savy and figure out how to post pics of mine! 

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 260
DEANNAC-2 replied on Tue, May 15 2012 7:57 PM

I can relate to your computer technical talents. Hopefully I, too, can figure out how to post my finished product. This really is a terrific forum to  chat with when needing support. Just finished Step 4 and loving this quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Tue, May 15 2012 8:07 PM

Pat A, I really love those colors so bright and you are going to have beautiful quilt when you are done. thanks for the picture

Linda

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Tue, May 15 2012 9:17 PM

wow, ya'll have made two weeks of progress! 

While I have step 1 mostly done.

But I also have the college age kid moved back home, did a major spring clean (not quite done with that but close), copied a dance costume that could no longer be ordered, and too much other stuff to mention.  I did step 1 today lol.  Tomorrow will be spent taking my mil for cataract surgery, but hopefully I'll get to step 2 on Friday.

Everyone's colors look so pretty.  It's neat to see all the different choices we've made.  Hopefully I'll get caught up next week.  Course I thought that two weeks ago....ah well, eventually I'll make it.  Life happens at light speed around here!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

I have just completed step one, and starting on step 2. So don't feel bad, Cindi. I am way behind too.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Tue, May 15 2012 10:40 PM

Woo Hoo, just came back from quilt group STEP ONE is done and I have half of step 4 done.  No I don't know how to count.  so far behind anyway it doesn't much matter the order I sew it in now anyway.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Wed, May 16 2012 8:13 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.  I used a jelly roll that I purchased some time ago and didn't know what to do with until MQ6 came along.   I think one of my granddaughters will get this one.  

Pat A. in KY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

I'm thinking this week we'll be building more block of some kind. I'm really excited to see how this is all gonna play out. I'm extra excited because I used a color palette that is not my normal, more muted earthy colors instead of bright vibrant.  Exciting to see all the beautiful color choices.  c'mon Friday!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Wed, May 16 2012 1:12 PM

Okay I finished my granddaughters bed padding and I am stalling on my grandsons quilting that I need to do. Soooo what do I do, start thinking of my next project (just another one to stall the quilting for grandson). I wish if were Friday, then I would have a good excuse not to quilt LOL. I really need to get back to that quilting. Do you think I am stalling much.

Thanks for listening,

Linda

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Judy:

"My oldest granddaughter loves blue and she is about to be out of 8th grade so a perfect time to make her a quilt."

Love your story!  She sounds like a great girl!  Lucky her to have you for a Grandmother.  Which machine are you going to get her?

Great story!  My 5 yr old granddaughter used to sit in my lap while I did some sewing (hasn't done it in a while).  She loves to watch me still. Hoping her early interest means she will learn to love sewing too.  Her mom followed in my foot steps; she sews more crafts and some clothes and has made a couple of quilts (with my helo finishing them).  I make clothes for my granddaughter and will soon make some for her little sister (almost 1), too.  Love making those little girl dresses! Fun times!

Both my daughter and DIL have brother sewing machines.  I've sewn on them both and really like them.  My DIL is just learning to sew and her brother is easy for a beginner to use.

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Judy:

"My oldest granddaughter loves blue and she is about to be out of 8th grade so a perfect time to make her a quilt."

Love your story!  She sounds like a great girl!  Lucky her to have you for a Grandmother.  Which machine are you going to get her?

Great story!  My 5 yr old granddaughter used to sit in my lap while I did some sewing (hasn't done it in a while).  She loves to watch me still. Hoping her early interest means she will learn to love sewing too.  Her mom followed in my foot steps; she sews more crafts and some clothes and has made a couple of quilts (with my helo finishing them).  I make clothes for my granddaughter and will soon make some for her little sister (almost 1), too.  Love making those little girl dresses! Fun times!

Both my daughter and DIL have brother sewing machines.  I've sewn on them both and really like them.  My DIL is just learning to sew and her brother is easy for a beginner to use.

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

OOPS--didn't mean to post twice!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 315
Brenda E replied on Wed, May 16 2012 3:47 PM

Hi everyone! This is my first Mystery Quilt and I am excited to be doing one. I spent yesterday selecting fabric and cutting the pieces. I used my June Taylor Shape Cut ruler and made quick work of it. I chose Make Life by Sweetwater for Moda because it was a jelly roll I had purchased on a clearance sale awhile back and hadn't decided how to use it. This MQ6 provided me the perfect opportunity to join a group "event" AND to use up some of my stash. I haven't decided on the border yet, because I'd like to see the finished center first. 

Brenda

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,415
Points 40,220
Mimi replied on Wed, May 16 2012 4:07 PM

Nice colors Brenda E.  And welcome to the group.  Glad you are joining us.  Your jelly roll looks like it will make a lovely quilt. 

Page 124 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 122 123 124 125 126 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use