Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 115 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 113 114 115 116 117 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Fri, May 11 2012 4:33 PM

As you all know The Site was down this morning, so had to leave to do Grandma duty. Just got home to see step 4. Finished step 3 last night  so here 's 1,2 and 3.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Fri, May 11 2012 5:07 PM

I think I'm looking forward to how this is all going to go together and seeing everyone's completed tops as much as Christmas!! :)  This is soooo exciting ~ I'm so glad I decided to try it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Fri, May 11 2012 5:12 PM

I am finished with step 4.  Think maybe I might know how this is going to go together.  Oh this is going to be so pretty. 

Very pretty fabrics Bonita.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Fri, May 11 2012 5:13 PM

Marsha I think you need to try some decaf LOL. I agree with you on the bobbins. I am forever sewing along and nothing is going together. And why can't this site auto correct like my phone does, although that can get very interesting in itself. Have fun.

Linda

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,135
Karla replied on Fri, May 11 2012 5:48 PM

Finished with Step 4, all sewn and pressed.  Don't really want to wait another week for the next step, but you gotta' do what you gotta' do.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Oh boy. I have had the same kind of day with the bobbin thing.  I love sewing on a nice bright day,  with my AC on...in the nice coolness... I should move to Alaska maybe?  LOL  Although once the pollen is gone I do love a nice walk with my Newfie.  So I've loaded a charity quilt onto my LA, doing a pantograph, and need to make dinner for the family

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895
Denise replied on Fri, May 11 2012 8:30 PM

I am so slow!  I am not done with any step, but have done some of all of the steps.  Work gets in the way for me.  It is still fun.   Denise

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 260
DEANNAC-2 replied on Fri, May 11 2012 9:17 PM

I don't know what I did wrong when pressing the 4-patches but some went left, some went right and now it's time to resew and press. Did anyone else run into this so that the Step 4 won't nest properly? I'd still rather do this than clean house!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Hello everyone!  Finished with Step 4, have them all sewn and pressed.  Have several other projects I'm also working on that will keep me busy until next Friday!  Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day.  I received cards int he mail today from my son & daughter-in-law, my daughter & son-in-law & my new granddaughter.  So I'm very happy.  I love my kids and miss them.  Wish they lived closer!  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Fri, May 11 2012 9:26 PM

Some of mine go the wrong way, too :(   I just re-pressed them.

After getting some of  Step 4 done, I had all the parts laying on the table together...like magic they all went together in a cool design. So if the reveal turns out to be different, AND I don't care for it, then at least I now have a Plan B that will work!!!  And I think I'm really glad I stuck with that brighter blue for the background than the white. :)  

Placemats for the boat came back from the embroidery shop today, so now I have 3  quilting projects going! Nothing like jumping into a new hobby with both feet - LOL!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Sat, May 12 2012 6:31 AM

wow so many jump right in on the job and got it done. I havent even started the newest step yet. Have been working on plans for other quilt tops for christmas. I think I have come up with a plan for the winter solstice line, the raggeddy ann material, and ticking in the back of my head one for a brother in law who likes tie die (am sure some of you know where I am going with that one). I have found a panel that I think will work with the winter solctice. I wanted to do the red line but will have to do the blue. the panel is a winter blue night scene with bears and dear and trees. it's repeat is 2/3 yard, which is what I need. The raggeddy ann, I am thinking I will go with the log cabin, then thinking I will make the outer color strip red and join the blocks as a rag quilt. I am just not sure red is her color and how it will fit into her house. But then there are so many shades of red, I can make it work. I just need to win the bid on the fabric haha. Well I should get going on step 4, just a little nervous I think because I know my patches didnt quite measure out.

We had an odd killing frost Friday morning and I am afraid that I lost the tomatoes and peppers. They said the low was only going to be 42 but turn out to be 32. But then tomorrow is suppose to jump to 93. then drop back down for next week. Such weird weather but still beating last spring

Well we have the balloon stampeed going on this weekend and I have tickets for a pancake feed, so guess I had better get some stuff done today. Everyone enjoy your weekend and Happy mommy day to all

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 85
Points 1,675
Pat replied on Sat, May 12 2012 8:35 AM

Yes, Deanna, I have had the same problem.   My friend is doing the mystery quilt also and has had the same problems.   There have been no pressing directions since the beginning.    It all does not nest.   It's a bit frustrating...

Pat

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

My seams didn't all nest either.  What I did was just line them up and pin them carefully.  Seemed to work out fine, thank God!  :)  This being my first Mystery Quilt, I feel a little like I'm stumbling in the dark, but it sure is fun! Can't wait for next Friday when we, I assume, put together some more blocks!  Weeee.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

Bonita,

Great work! Love the bright yellow!

Janet

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

Here is my step 4 all done. So glad the web site came back up yesterday. I came home from work last night and finished step 4.

My only concern is the balence of color. I may need more red or more sailboat squares to balence the colors.

Can't wait to see the final steps!

Janet

• | Post Points: 110
Page 115 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 113 114 115 116 117 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use