Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 114 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Fri, May 11 2012 11:50 AM

HI, everyone. So, glad to be done with work this week. My plan is to get the house cleaned for the weekend, little yard work, give the dog and cat some attention, then on to step 4.  Two of my boys are heading to Portland today to see their other brother so will be a quite weekend. But am sure hoping we get some progress done on the remodeling of my sewing room as it sure is looking more like DH's tool room

Everyone's quilts seem to be coming along just great. Cant wait to see them all assembled. I am sure I will want to covet lots of them haha Have a great spring day

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, May 11 2012 11:53 AM

Marilyn B:
I was so upset t his morning when I could not access the site.

I had the same problem yesterday.  I only had a short time to get on the computer before going with Rich in the truck.  I accessed the site, made a comment, went back to my e-mails and after that I could not get on the site no matter which trick or link I tried.  By the time we got home in the evening, it was working slow, but I got caught up.  Lazy me slept in this morining so I missed the over-night and early morning problem.  It worked by 11:00 AM this morning.  It is normal speed for my poor internet, but probably still slow for everyone else with "modern" internet.

Since I slept in this morning, I don't have step 3 finished, but lined up and pinned.  I am not sewing the pairs together into strips yet because I want to see if I can make this into smaller quilts.  I may just decide to make this one for US instead of donating it.  It all depends on which fabric I use for border.  If I like it enough, it will be made full-size and will become part of OUR house.  I want to be flexable now.  This way I could make it larger for us or make several smaller quilts. I WILL take pictures today.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Add me to the folks whose hearts sank when I couldn't get on the site to see Step 4 this AM!   I googled error 503 and when I learned it wasn't fatal and the site still existed (whew)  I took the dogs for a walk.  When I go back the site was back too!  Worked out for the best--the sun was out earlier but it's gone now.

Step 4 is really fast.  It took me less than 2 hours even with sorting the colors so they are evenly distributed and with making sure the fish were all swimming right side up! 
Happy sewing! 

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

All done with step 4.  Now on to my long arm to complete some quilts that have been waiting for me!  LOL  Trouble is, now I have to find another quilt to start to fill the void until next Friday!!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 305
Ashley replied on Fri, May 11 2012 12:17 PM

Some of you find a lot of time for quilting!!  I'm jealous.  I can't remember the last time I had to find new projects to fill my sewing time.  I always seem to have a backlog or 8 or 9 project waiting to get done.  I'm off to SF this weekend, so new sewing for me.  I'll catch up one of these days :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, May 11 2012 12:32 PM

Judy:
I googled error 503 and
  I got tired of getting that 503 error message!!  At least there weren't so many posts to catch up on.  NOONE could post or even check in.

Judy:
making sure the fish were all swimming right side up! 
Looks like all your fish are swimming right.  Had to enlarge your picture to see the tiny fish!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Fri, May 11 2012 1:33 PM

I was so happy to be able to get on here this afternoon - about the same amount as I was upset that I couldn't get on last evening~like all the others, I was wanting to get the next step, and also to catch up on posts.  Guess nobody could get on yesterday, so we'll probably make up for it today~~someone said didn't realize it was so important~~boy, I did~~get on every day, if only to read others' comments.  On to Step 4, everyone!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Carol, love your little snowman!  I took the kiddos to the park for about an hour and thought I would roast!  It's beaufully sunny and warm, but the pollen is horrible, so headache. Makes me miss the snow!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, May 11 2012 2:29 PM

Well you just come on up, Sugar.  We had a snow "storm" the other day and I cancelled camping this weekend because I had to haul stuff over the snow drift ( a small one maybe, but a drift non the less) to load the trailer.  and the wind has knives.  It is supposed to be much warmer for the weekend but I'd rather stay home and sew. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Oh my Goodness!  A little slice of Heaven!!  Snow!  Where do you live Vivian?  I may have to talk my husband into moving!  ( but not the Chicago area he plans! ) lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, May 11 2012 2:38 PM

Alberta, near Jasper.  This isn't typical.  Normaly we get snow for May long weekend and the rest of the month is great.  This year is way strange.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Fri, May 11 2012 3:08 PM

Snugglebug, I know what you mean. I just love the dogwood trees, but wow seems like everyone has one or two planted. Sinus have been going crazy for a little over a week now, but you think I am going to stay inside and miss all the colors, nope!

mmm snow... yea supposely we are going to get to 93 here on mother's day then drop back down into the 70's, nope think so snow is a thing of the past for now

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, May 11 2012 4:00 PM

Beautiful, sunny day - beautiful day to sew - zipping right along sewing together 4-patches for step 4 - about 1/3 done with first seam of each block - checked bobbin - EMPTY - - - on the floor - about 1 dozen four-patches attached to NOTHING!  I need BIGGER bobbins so they don't run out too soon.  Of course, I had sewn bindings to the front of 2 quilts - - - had sewn step 3 patches together in pairs - - - had done a few other assorted jobs - - - the bobbin shouldn't be empty yet! - - - doesn't it hold a full spool of thread? ---- NO!!   

I NEED A BREAK! - - - That is why I am on here again today to catch up on others' progress.  Maybe after a rest, I can rewind a bunch of bobbins (all are empty), put in a new needle (it is DULL), then resew the 4 patches that landed all over the floor as they floated down from the machine free from their supposed-to-be neighbors.  I also need to stop typing because the scrambled brain has forgotten where the keys are!  I have been doing as much editing as typing.  Hope I got all typos, because here they go out to you if I didn't find them!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 380
Points 8,540
didash replied on Fri, May 11 2012 4:10 PM

Marsha - Thanks a million for the tips!!! I have sooooo much to learn - and learning by doing and trial & error sometimes is frustrating! We only have 1 LQS about 1/2 hr away (although I'm sure there are more within driving distance - like in Phila., so I pick their brain each time I go in...just don't get there as often as I'd like.

This morning I took a fresh look at my HST squares.  I had already resigned myself that I would have to buy more fabric, recut and sew....but figured out with a fresh pair of eyes, that I can mark the seam lines on each and salvage them...some of the seam allowances will be a tad under 1/4" in spots, but I think it will work. Since I will most likely stitch in the ditch for the quilting, they should be fine. Just will take a lot of time to mark seam allowances on 192 squares! LOL!

I was ROTFLMAO at your last post....you are having the same kind of day as me - and I haven't even gotten to sewing yet!! LOL!

Off the make dinner and then Step 4!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Fri, May 11 2012 4:24 PM

Judy, the blocks are looking good. I couldn't help but zoom in to see the little fishes, very cute.

Page 114 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use