Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 110 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 108 109 110 111 112 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

Hi everyone! Been doing the garden thing too! Have to take advantage of the beautiful weather we're having. Unfortunately, Moving and hauling 36 sidewalk blocks, 200 large pavers, clearing and prepping the existing gardens and planting new perenials for 8 hrs. over the last two days has left my body aching in places I didn't know were there! My sister in law Darla, reminded me that I'm not a "spring chicken" anymore, ( my 55th b-day is coming up) and I told her that it was best she allowed me my delusions. LOL Sure missed reading the daily posts though, I think that's a really big part of the fun in doing this quilt. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Welcome Jim, I have a buddy named Jim who quilts too. As a matter of fact, he was one of the biggest motivating factors that got me into quilting. He does some really amazing quilts.

Cheers everyone!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Marsha-SM:

Ms MoomMist:

Alright then, bring on Friday! I'm caught up. Finish putting Step 3 together this morning. Whewwwwwwwww!

MMM,   So Colorful!!   I wish I was more daring with color.  Mine always seem too tame.  Will hopefully post pictures of mine later today or tomorrow.  I have today to myself.  Rich is taking an Amish to the racetracks.  They like to buy the horses that don't make the cut for racing.  They make good buggy horses.

I need to stop catching up here and get to finishing steps 2 & 3 so I can take pictures.  I DO need to make dinner as he isn't leaving until after noon.  Then I'M FREE TO SEW!  He might not be back until nearly 10:00 PM.

Thank you Marsha-SM. I'm making an old-time favorite here for dinner tonight. Boiled Bread Dumplings that my mommy used to make. D-S-I-L comes over to sew on Wednesday and she loves these. Actually, my DB made a new twist on these by cooking them in the oven so it stops all the chances for them to boil over or to burn on the bottom, because they have potatoes in them that take longer to cook then the rest. Then of course, along with making the bread there is always enough to make a pan of sticky buns.... I'm so hungry ------

One of the things I always have trouble with is picking out the fabric. When I started to quilt back in the late 70's and early 80s the rule of thumb was 5 fabrics so that limited, but now I buy either a jelly roll or a charm pack to get me rolling and it is so much easier. I would love to make an Amish quilt. We visit Lancaster, PA back a while ago and I have to say they know how to use color besides the magnificent workmanship.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Wed, May 9 2012 10:11 AM

Christine,

If you need encouragement read all of the May 8 posts to me....they are universal words of wisdom meant for all MQers who are struggling.  Some of what I reeped;

Work at the pace you are comfortable with.    Remember why you started, re-focus on the fun and challenge aspect.  Relax, don't rush to try to keep up. Don't try to be perfect.  And much much more.  Oddly, but not entirely off topic, remember to walk your dog/dogs if you have one.  That's my plan today. A walk by the river on a sunny day with my adorable border collie will be the perfect way to re-focus, revitalize...and get her  to stop annoying me while trying to sew!!!!

So, re-focus...refresh...reconnect...then GO QUILT!!!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

At the risk of sounding new and perhaps not so bright, what is DH?  I figured out SIL but can't figure out DH and if there others please let me know LOL

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Oh yea, add DB in that as well. 

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 1,010

Here is a sample of my Patriotic MQ Clue 1, 2 and 3. :)  Have a wonderful day everyone.

Jen

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 5,995
PennyWyo replied on Wed, May 9 2012 10:44 AM

Here are my completed Steps 1-3.  Can't seem to post in the media section right now; will put it there later.  I am eagerly awaiting Step 4.  Hope we get to put some blocks together soon!

Penny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 1,010

And then this isa sample of  my second MQ6... I call Paisley-BWMQ :) Again have a wonderful day all.. I will keep watching to see others postings. :) :) :) 

Jen

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 305
Ashley replied on Wed, May 9 2012 10:48 AM

lashawng23:

At the risk of sounding new and perhaps not so bright, what is DH?  I figured out SIL but can't figure out DH and if there others please let me know LOL

DH = Dear Husband

I'm guessing DB = Dear Boyfriend?

You should see all the abbreviations that get used on the wedding blogs I frequent!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Wed, May 9 2012 10:54 AM

Penny and Jen, nice work.  Love the Patriotic choices.

As for abbreviations:

DB= dear brother

DS= dear sister or dear son

DD= dear dad. etc.

I believe these are correct.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Wed, May 9 2012 11:08 AM

DD is usually dear daugher

DS is dear son

SIL can be son in law or sister in law

MIL is mother in law

DB dear brother

and so forth...  generally can figure them out be reading the context of the sentence.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 1,010

Ashley, Maggie, and Nana... Thanks for taking the time to explain the abbreviations I myself some times wonder if I'm interpreting them correctly. LOL Now I will most likely use more of the abbreviations instead of writing the words out. :) 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, May 9 2012 11:36 AM

Anita Coutu:
Been doing the garden thing

Didn't you get snow in the last week or so?  I remember seeing on the news that Calgary got dumped on.  If your finished your yard, you can come and do mine.  We renovated and after having been driven on, had lifts of lumber stacked on and having moved the flower beds, we could use an intervention.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Wed, May 9 2012 11:51 AM

Jenny and Penny, your fabric choices look really nice in this MQ.  Look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 7,095
didash replied on Wed, May 9 2012 2:07 PM

Jen & Penny - Love your fabric choices! Can't wait to see them finished!

Thought I'd post a pic of the pup's new boat/travel bag (we always have so much "stuff" to take for her!  First time I've ever tried to make something like this. The quilting was the EASY part! LOL!

I have another question for the group.....has anyone marked on muslin with a permanent marker? Does it "bleed"??? I've started a Christmas gift for my niece while we wait for the next MQ step. The quilt is a "College Days Memory Quilt". I want to use a plain back (white, off white, light blue) and give her a permanent marker with the quilt so that she can have her college friends autograph the back.  Not sure what kind of material to use for the back....any and all suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!! I'm really at a loss here....Thanks in advance!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 110 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 108 109 110 111 112 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use