Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 102 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 6 2012 8:42 AM

Snugglebug Quilter:

I have a question.  What are the hst everyone is talking about?  I just loped off my corners and pitched them. Did I miss something?!  My first MQ and I'm a bit nervous now!  Lol. 

Their are some overachievers (LOL) that sewed another seam 1/4" on the other side of the corner so they would have host and wouldn't waste the fabric.  This is not a part of the basic MQ pattern.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 6 2012 8:43 AM

I do not like the way the iPad thinks it can spell better than me.  When I say hst I mean it...not host.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 6 2012 8:46 AM

quig639:

HI  Karen...Can you tell me what  " minky "  is ?   Is it anything like Fleece ?

Micky is a very soft micro-fiber fabric.  It is softer than fleece.  You should go to a fabric store and feel the difference!  You will fall in love.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, May 6 2012 8:47 AM

quig639:
.Can you tell me what  " minky "  is ?   Is it anything like Fleece ?

minky is this incredibly soft fabric you just want to caress and hold up to your face fabric.  You can find it in most fabric stores now, including many quilt stores.  In quilt stores it is usually with the fabrics for babies.  It is very stretchy however, so one has to be more careful when sewing with it.  It's thick like fleece, oh so soft!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

I know exactly what you mean!  I had to correct it twice before posting!  Love it and yet sometimes not so much!  LOL

I think that is a really great idea with the hst though.  I'm thinking to try another version of this quilt (if I get busy with it that is) and if I do I'll definately try that idea.  I like the idea of wasted not want not, it's putting it into practice that's the problem!!  LOL

Zeba

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Jeanine:

quig639:

HI  Karen...Can you tell me what  " minky "  is ?   Is it anything like Fleece ?

Micky is a very soft micro-fiber fabric.  It is softer than fleece.  You should go to a fabric store and feel the difference!  You will fall in love.

LOL, yes, see what you mean, Jeanine about spelling with the IPad... how is Micky doing - just had to chime in on this one LOL!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120

morning everyone.  Sun shining here, hope it actually gets warm, but then I will complain it is hot haha. Well I decided not to do the hst. I did one, and agree that they are cute but just to small. I do not see myself trying to deal with a few hundred of them. I am with some of you others and thinking of starting another quilt top. Maybe something in blues for my dad because the other option would be to clean house. Any feed back on what I should do A or B....

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 6 2012 9:47 AM

Ms MoomMist:

LOL, yes, see what you mean, Jeanine about spelling with the IPad... how is Micky doing - just had to chime in on this one LOL!

That one was just me...can't blame it on the iPad!  I noticed it after I posted.  But then again, typing on the iPad is not like a real keyboard so that's my excuse.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 6 2012 9:49 AM

walla2butterfly:

morning everyone.  Sun shining here, hope it actually gets warm, but then I will complain it is hot haha. Well I decided not to do the hst. I did one, and agree that they are cute but just to small. I do not see myself trying to deal with a few hundred of them. I am with some of you others and thinking of starting another quilt top. Maybe something in blues for my dad because the other option would be to clean house. Any feed back on what I should do A or B....

Definitely A.  It holds more eternal value!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30

Sandy, I did purchase the kit from Missouri Quilt, is it not appropriate to receive enough fabric to finish a quilt top?  I did not get enough from Missouri to get the appropriate number of blocks.  Isn't this something that is figure out before kits are sold?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, May 6 2012 10:47 AM

didash:
Shucks, might have to do some <shudder> housework! Yuck!

I have also decided SOME housework needs doing today.  The floors all need attention.  Was going to mow lawn but Rich is doing it now, so that "excuse" is gone.  We were given some barbecued chicken by an Amish family after we had moved horses and heifers for them, so dinner is set.  All I have to do is heat it up!  Another excuse gone.  So, off to the floors then to finish part 2 and part 3 if there is any time or energy left.

Such a beautiful, sunny day!  Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Annie: Yes we should sometime!! I've got a busy few months coming up...so we will have to plan.

ALso, I can't seem to post with the quotes.  I've tried using the reply button on top and bottom of the message but it doesn't show the quote.  Can anyone help?!?!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120
Tami Paul replied on Sun, May 6 2012 11:21 AM

thanks Jeanine,  yes eternal value and my dad isnt getting any younger. He will be 77 in June

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Here are my steps 1, 2, and 3

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

From large flakes of snow covering everything yesterday to full sunshine and 20 deg. celcius (about 75 faren.) today. But I'll take it. Finished step 3, guess now I have time to cut out another quilt this week.

Very nice Lashawn, I really like the colors you are using.

Will post pics of my progress a little later on.

Cheers everyone!

Page 102 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use