Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 101 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Hi All,

I wasn't going to do the MQ6 but received a couple of Jelly Rolls in the mail this morning and decided that I should do it just because I love MQs Of course DH helped to make the decisions by say "Sure, do it!" LOL, he has a way of saying that with whatever I ask him. No decision making on his part. So tonight I cutting out and going to try to catch up here. Great results so far!.

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Ms MoomMist:

Hi All,

I wasn't going to do the MQ6 but received a couple of Jelly Rolls in the mail this morning and decided that I should do it just because I love MQs Of course DH helped to make the decisions by say "Sure, do it!" LOL, he has a way of saying that with whatever I ask him. No decision making on his part. So tonight I cutting out and going to try to catch up here. Great results so far!.

xoxoxo

Welcome to the party!  It's definitely NOT to late to catch up!  Looking forward to seeing your fabrics!  Happy sewing!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, May 5 2012 6:12 PM

Karen, aka yayaquilts:
OOOOH!! Patti--so pretty.  I'm using Batiks too.

Actually, the only a batiks are the yellow and orange.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Sat, May 5 2012 6:17 PM

Welcome Ms Moom!  Glad you are joining in on the fun!

So...I got my step 3 done.  I wanted to make sure I got it done before I left for my conference today.  I'm don't know what I'm going to do with myself, not being able to do any quilting for a week,

I did bring some applique with me, but it seems to go so fast that I don't know if I brought enough.  The down side is that the hand-sewing just doesn't meet my "need" to quilt.  But at least I won't be a week behind when I get back home on the 13th.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, May 5 2012 7:43 PM

Ms MoomMist:

Hi All,

xoxoxo

You should have no trouble catching up.  I started and finished step 3 today.  The step that took the longest was step 1.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Nice job! Love your colors.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

Patti, love your mixture of colors. Welcome Ms Moommist! Just about finished step 3, found it much faster than the other steps we've done so far. I'm finding myself very intrigued to what this quilt is going to look like and I must say I like what I've seen so far.

Have a great evening everyone!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,485

I was way behind on step 2 and finished both step 2 and step 3 today.   I think Sandy said that the next steps aren't as hard.  Glad to see that you decided to do this one!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Points 2,370

Welcome back Ms MoomMist, I know with your skills you will catch up in no time. I read somewhere there are over 800 signed up on this. Not everybody posts. I just finished pressing step 3 and ALL my little  hst's . I think I am one crazy person. I have to keep everything together by color/pattern, even all my hst's. I will probably use safety pins to keep them separate till I figure out what I am using them for. I just find it easier to design when things are organized. All my scraps are organized.  I just got 14 more plastic shoe boxes at Costco. Now to find where to put them.lol. Is anyone else out there as  [ what word should I use ].... I am? As usual , too tired to take pictures ...hopefully before step 4 is out.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 585

Some photos of my patches, I've done step one, pressed and middles twisted like the hint said, thanks to whoever sent the link, I've now filed it too safely to ever find again). Step two, all 41/2 have the 2 21/2 sewn on, but only half have the second seam sewn to make the (optional) HST's

step 1

step 2

Half Square Triangles

I don't know if I should actually cut some more 2 1/2" squares fore step 3 as some of what's left is pretty ordinary, what do people think, with the black background would plain fabric be OK? Some is dark blues and greens, cut from left over binding fabric. I really would appreciate the opinions, as I'm a bit out of my depth not having done a mystery quilt before.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Sun, May 6 2012 6:43 AM

Step 3 done! Now what am I going to do until Friday??? Dog's boat bag is finished (made a large quilted one), placemats for the boat not back yet from the embroidery shop....decisions, decisions....

Shucks, might have to do some <shudder> housework! Yuck! I'm enjoying this quilting so much, maybe I'll start another one...(methinks I'm hooked)

Have a great day everyone!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

So, I'm cheating... I made strips to make my 4 patches, so I would have the "craziness" ( I cause myself) of matching every thing up, once and done. Today, I'll finish cutting the 2- 1/2 strips and start on the background. 628 are a lot of little pieces.

Good luck everyone.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, May 6 2012 7:41 AM

Ms MoomMist:
So, I'm cheating... I made strips to make my 4 patches, so I would have the "craziness" ( I cause myself) of matching every thing up, once and done. Today, I'll finish cutting the 2- 1/2 strips and start on the background. 628 are a lot of little pieces.

I call that being a smart cookie!

I'm still in the middle of step 2

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 510
quig639 replied on Sun, May 6 2012 8:05 AM

HI  Karen...Can you tell me what  " minky "  is ?   Is it anything like Fleece ?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

I have a question.  What are the hst everyone is talking about?  I just loped off my corners and pitched them. Did I miss something?!  My first MQ and I'm a bit nervous now!  Lol. 

Page 101 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use