Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 100 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485

Snugglebug Quilter:
Marsha- do you make the wheelchair quilts for an organization or just independantly? 

I am doing this independantly for our loca nursing home.  I was there for rehab on a knee replacement and asked what I could do for them with my quilting.  They said they especially needed sturdy wheelchair quilts.  They needed to be quilted, no tying, and about 36 x 42.  I just went from there.  Will (hopefully) be posting pictures of the first 8 this week. They will be posted in "Did you work on a quilt today?" and in my gallery - if I ever get the time.  I want to photo them outside, the sun is shining, and..........hubby wants me to go with him when the hauls 4 cows to a Dairy sale this afternoon!  Maybe tomorrow (and it will probably rain!)

Have fun with this quilt - the quilts are fun but the friends are even better.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

Good morning everyone! Just about to start to step three but I love to read the recent chat from you all. Got up this morning to lovely fluffy snow - aw Canada in the spring! We don;t often get snow this late so I guess I'll just think of it as frozen water and think of all the green that will come from it!

Cheers!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sat, May 5 2012 11:23 AM

About another hour and I will be done with step 1.  Probably won't finish step 2 today.  Someone said step 3 went fast?  Then maybe I will catch up by the end of the week.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

MNcarol:  I love using minky on the back of a quilt.  This year I made two quilts, pieced the top and put minky on the back--only minky, no batting.  Stitched in the ditch to hold it together and whoola! They are so light, soft and cuddly, and surprising warm without the batting!  Great as a lightweight throw for spring or summer.  My mom(84)  didn't like how "heavy" her other lap quilt was so I tried this and she absolutely loves it best of the 3 quilts I have made for her!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:19 PM

Here's my step 1

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:26 PM

Beautiful colors Patti!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:28 PM

Janet,

Great colors on your MQ5.  I love the way everyone's quilts look so different!

I made one for my daughter who has recently moved, again, this time to Australia.  Now I have to ship the quilt to her from San Diego.  I don't care how much it costs, she loves the quilt so much she told me not to ship her work clothes if its too expensive as long as I ship the quilt... awe, how sweet.  That's what quilting is all about.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,657
Points 120,230

Done with step 3. Here's a sampling of the three steps.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:40 PM

walla2butterfly:
I gather from what I have read, that the border doesnt come with the pattern? or have I miss understood?

I don't know about this MQ since we haven't done one from the Missouri Quilt Co. before, but in the past, the borders were not included.  By personalizing the borders, you can set your quilt apart from everyone else because otherwise, basically, we are all making the same pattern.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:55 PM

Thanks Judy, I needed to see that....  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

OOOOH!! Patti--so pretty.  I'm using Batiks too.

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Janet, where in San Diego are you?? I'm in San Marcos (north county!!)

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,752
Points 66,905
Bonita replied on Sat, May 5 2012 3:19 PM

Patti, I just love the baticks. I just might have to make another one with them.

Judy T, that's going to make a beautiful quilt. I'm leaving in a couple of hours fo SC so will have to do step 3 when I get back. Looks like they go together pretty quick.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 597
Points 10,495

thanks for the response Nancy. And love your color combos Patti, going to be a pretty one.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, May 5 2012 4:51 PM

Karen,

I live in north county too, Rancho Penasquitos!  Not too far from you, we must meet up!

Page 100 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use