Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 96 of 214 (3208 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,207 Replies | 110 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 130
Fletcher replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:06 AM

Thats true is does help to see how others have done things. I am so ready to sew this weekend. But I have so many things to get finished. I really need to get stuff done. I've been trying to hand quilt a baby quilt for my brother-in-law. Of course my goal was to have it to them before the baby was born. But guess what. He came May 2. So I am so behind.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 9,540
MaggieNae replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:11 AM

Annie.  the hst are not part of this MQ, but scrap.  If you sew 1/2" along from your original corner to corner seem in step 2 (on the scrap side), you can trim the 1/4" seems for both pieces at once.  Then you get these little HST's.  Aren't they cute? 

Spoiler alert:  Looks like we're going to get more.

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 9,540
MaggieNae replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:14 AM

MNcarol, beautiful quilt.  I like the touch of green where the yellow sashing meets.  I've been looking at the card trick quilts and wrapping my mind around the triangles instead of squares you would think would make these up.

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 673
Points 11,365
Tami Paul replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:33 AM

Ginny, so to hear about your day, I have had them too, haha. I laugh at myself when I go to put things away and all the seam rippers I find laying around because I cant find one and just keep pulling others out. Bad days are when I have to run to the store to buy another one Enjoy the day there are worse things you could be doing then a quilting :)

Tami

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 305
Ashley replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:40 AM

I was scrolling back through trying to find a particular piece of info.  So many pictures of beautiful fabric!!!  All the eye candy alone makes it worth being in this group.  Not to mention all the help, encouragement, and support.  I'm so happy I found you ladies!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 673
Points 11,365
Tami Paul replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:01 AM

Finally got caught up with reading everyone's post.

Love your quilt Carol, love your colors MaggieNae, Suzie, and Mary.

Sorry ginny > in my reply I typed "so" which was suppose to be "sorry", still to early, more coffee

Well off to look at the next step, still havent cut my dog ears but starting to lean toward making the hst, what could it hurt haha Have a great day, ours started out sunny but the clouds have rolled in with the wind

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,803
Points 31,735
Annie replied on Fri, May 4 2012 12:13 PM

Has anyone done step 3?  If so PLEASE post pictures.  I can't figure out the directions...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Fri, May 4 2012 12:19 PM

The first part of step 3 is to just sew a 2 1/2" square to one corner of your 4 1/2" squares like you did in step 2.

Then you are going to start making 4 rows (probably for borders) from these squares.  I would start by making pairs of two of the squares, matching the scrap corners together and make that your seam side.

I'll start mine tonight...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,803
Points 31,735
Annie replied on Fri, May 4 2012 12:29 PM

Jeanine,

Thanks, but I am embarrassed to say I still can't get past sewing the 2 twosies into a block of four.  I will wait to see pictures then I'll have an aha moment, I hope

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Jeanine, hold on.  Am I to understand you work AND do this too? My Goodness!!! That said, did ya call in sick today?  :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,660
Karla replied on Fri, May 4 2012 2:19 PM

I finished Step 3...now what am I going to do the rest of the week?  LOL, maybe the baby quilts for the twin girls who are due to be delivered caesarean section on the 15th of this month...or the baby quilt for my daughter due the first of August, or I could work on the Marine QOV which I have taken apart 3 times already....no lack of projects started in my house.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Fri, May 4 2012 3:03 PM

Snugglebug Quilter:

Jeanine, hold on.  Am I to understand you work AND do this too? My Goodness!!! That said, did ya call in sick today?  :)

Just posting from work...don't tell.  I am a FT programmer by day but a FT quilter the rest of the time!  And Fridays I get to leave early so I am home now and ready to quilt.  I have two kingsize customer quilts to do plus Step 3 and my craftsy bom.  Guess I better get moving.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 491
Points 7,865

Worked on Step 3 this morning. I got the two 12 squares strip done. Still have the 16 square strips to do yet will work on those this atternoon, and hopefully finish them by tonight.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

Hi Sandy and Friends,

I just completed a second mystery quilt 5! I loved the pattern so much and especially our winner Nancy's border that made one for my neice who got married last saturday. Hope you like it! Named it Sun Dogs because it reminded me of the morning light shining through the misty forest. It's all batiks. Now I'm can really get started on the new MQ6!   

Janet                      

• | Post Points: 200
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,421
Points 26,700

You did a wonderful job on your quilt.  It is beautiful.

Page 96 of 214 (3208 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.