Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 91 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Tue, May 1 2012 7:44 PM

Gagoo,Can't go wrong with blue and gold. Very pretty.

Debbie-do, pretty soft muted colors. I think all these quilts will be beautiful.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Deleted

Southwest Florida

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895

Oh so true.  Sorry.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 469
Points 7,500

Debbie-do:

I finished mine on Sunday and even sewed the corners to use later.  This isn't as pretty as a lot of others I've seen but I'm hoping it'll pull together  and be goooorjus when it's done!

Love your colors Debbie. Going to be a very nice quilt when you are finished

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 469
Points 7,500

Gagoo:
I finally finished my 4 square blocks

Really nice blue and gold colors will make a very colorful quilt when you finish.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 469
Points 7,500

Mary:

Finished step 2...can't wait for step 3!

Love your colors Mary I made a quilt using the same fabrics only my was with appliqued flowers on some of the blocks, using the summer breeze jelly roll. I just fell in love with the fabrics., and couldn't resist getting it.. This will be a lovely quilt when you finish it.  This time my quilt is being used with the Bittersweet jelly roll kit MSQC.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 215

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome.  I am going to love it here - I don't know any quilters around here - so it will be nice to talk to others about it.

Mary - yes I did use a jelly roll.  I used California Girl by Fig Tree Quilts. 

I am going to use cream as a background.  I wanted to go with the soft look. 

I am hoping to be caught up before step 4 comes out.  With the week I am having - there is no way to get done with step 2 before Friday.

Jill

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, May 1 2012 9:52 PM

@Sandy - No worries! We all still love you! LOL <big grin and hug>

@Group - thanks for all the help with the sig line...off to take care of that now :)

@Jeanne - We are definitely doing the trip - unless a major catastrophe precludes it...we will most likely be "hanging out" in Boot Key Harbor in Marathon.  Can you send me a friend request (or one on Facebook if you are on there) so we can exchange info?  Would be a hoot to be able to get together for sundowners and socialization! Heck! I may even make dinner! LOL!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 6,265

Love your fabrics, Debbie-do; I think it will be fantastic.  You will like it alot more once it's together.  Very nice!

Penny

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

Thanks for this video on nesting seams! I can always use a "refresher course" in the basics...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:25 PM

Well I managed to get most of my 2 1/2 sq marked for step 2. I will try to get some more put together tomorrow. I should be able to finish step 2 before step 3 comes out (crossing fingers).

Linda

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 145
Iam a first timer, what size is the quilt and where do I go to get the first week of instructions and the material list? Thanks Delores
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,380
Debi replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:27 PM

Phew, finally finished with step two. Now just to finish up the hst into hourglasses. I was busy at my local quilt shop all morning and errands all afternoon. Then sewing machine all evening. I haven't read the blog for a day, NOTE TO SELF...don't miss a day on the blog. It's too much fun and you learn too much!

Roll on Friday :D

• Filed under:
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Points 2,685

Just finished marking my squares for step2 , ready to sew tomorrow.I am lost without my baby, he had to stay at the vets another nite because I wasn't home all day for them to ask me about something . I am so lost without him . All the things I could do without him underfoot I just can't seem to get interested in doing . We will both be joyous to be together  tomorrow. I know that those of you that have a pet know how I feel. On this earth he is all I have..Tomorrow I hope to get my step 2 finished so I can take pictures and post them.Seeing everyone's  beautiful fabrics is so uplifting and inspiring.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Wed, May 2 2012 8:59 AM

Betty, I understand about your baby not being home.  I'm sure he feels the same way, not quite understanding why you aren't there.  Poor both of you :(

I finished up my step 2 squares, and got a good jump on my daughter's.  She's been slacking.  She's not really a sewer, and I pushed her into making the quilt, so I figured I would help her out.  Since she only has 7 fabrics for her small squares, I told her I would get the first side done on each block.  She has to do the other side because I didn't know how she would want her block to look when finished.  I told her if it was going to be my quilt, I would make the two corners match. 

Then I laid out two quilts and snapped pix of the layouts.  I posted them in the Did you work on a quilt thread.  I could use some advice on them.  Struggling with them because I really dislike the blocks-both the pattern and the color combination. 

I can't wait for step 3--I fly out on Saturday, so maybe I'll have time to get a start on them.  I won't be back until step 4 is out, so I'll have two weeks to do at the same time.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 91 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use