Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 86 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 12:36 PM

lcqultr46:
I was able to make 48 2 1/2 inch blocks which will sew to 2 inch square.

WTG Judy - these will definitely come in handy in another quilt.  Isn't if fun to use up every little bit when possible.  great job!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 12:42 PM

It has been so great to see all the wonderful color combinations you gals have come up with.  The blocks are all looking great.

I really am proud of myself for really listening to my little inner voice telling me that as much as I would like to do this, I really needed to back off this time.

Just when I am feeling so good about that, I get an email from Longarm University and Cindy is doing a 9 month BOM called Scrap Slayer.  When you sign up (I was already a member as I joined her various classes at the beginning of the year) you receive a 3 ring binder and all the printed directions and a couple templates and plastic page savers for the instructions.  So guess I will just have to try and keep up with it as it will be coming in my mailbox any day.  Looks like most of the blocks are stars. It will be a good way to use up scraps or if one wanted to they could use a jelly roll.

Keep on rolling along with the MQ6 - there are going to be some really lovely quilts from this one.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 303
Points 7,050
lcqultr46 replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 12:53 PM

Thanks Marge and Judy T. But did you notice the picture's a little fuzzy? Maybe they're not so terrific.  When making miniature quilts though it really helps to square up each block and get the seams going in the right direction, then the points just fall right.

JudyEE

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,245
Debi replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 1:02 PM

I used my corners that I cut off and made hourglass units. I think that's why it is taking me so long to finish step two. But I would rather do these now so I can play with them later (and not lose any of those little triangles). I thought about pinwheels as I could do the two seams and cut in between, but opted for the 96 hourglasses. What was I thinking!?!?!?!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 10,540
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 2:32 PM

wow those look great. I dont believe I am going to save mine because they are just to scrappy. But I havent cut them so we will see what really happens in the end but I dont it.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 2:37 PM

If you are making snowball blocks if you sew the seam for the corner unit before you cut it off it will save you time and you don't have to position the tiny little pieces. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Love your fabrics Mimi!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:34 PM

Anita Coutu:
Thanks for the heads up about posting pics to the media page only. I wasn't aware of this.

There is no "rule" that says you can't post pictures here in the forum.  Please continue to post your pictures here so everybody can see them.  It is easier for others to comment and respond here than in Group Media.  You can also post them in the group media if you like. 

All I ask is that you don't post your ideas about the pattern as many like to be surprised at the end.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:41 PM

Karen, aka yayaquilts:
Love your fabrics Mimi!!

Thanks Karen.  I wasn't sure when I started but I'm liking them better all the time.  I won't be posting anymore pictures until the end now because I want it to be a surprise in the end.  The first two steps can be put lots of ways.  Now is the time to create anticipation.........  LOL

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 2,645

Wow, I get all the posts thru my e-mail , but I haven't had time to comment on any...so many things going on. Today I had to take my german shepard in to have his ears checked , so he will be gone overnight. BooHoo. Its only been 30 minutes and I miss him already.  He is also going to have a bath, nails, and teeth done since they have to put him under for any of that .Sort of a spa treatment. So I have the evening to catch up on marking my squares, I  have 50 done , 142 to go...then sewing. I also am taking the time to mark the extra line for the small  ht's. I did the same with MQ5 and will use them when I get back to the leftover material from that one.  Just wanted to say you never can tell....even fabric you don't like can make a beautiful quilt...I see it happen all the time. I will try to get my pictures taken and posted when I finish step 2. [ good intentions]. lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,035
Alicia replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:35 PM

Here are our two quilts, done with step 2, and set aside until Friday :) 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 215
madcallia replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:43 PM

Hi.  I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Jill and I am a new quilter.  I have been following this group and just love everyone's fabric.  I finally got my fabric last Thursday and have been trying to catch up.  I have all of my four squares completed and I am currenly working on cutting my backgrouns squares.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!  Here is what I have so far:

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:58 PM

Jill--Welcome!  This is a really great group of ladies.  They have been so very helpful and supportive. I'm a relatively new quilter as well. 

I love your fabrics.  How fun!  What color are you using for your background?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:01 PM

JudyEE--I also love your pinwheels.  I've been taking the time to make my extras into HSTs while I'm stitching the corners.  My thought is to use them as half flying geese for a border.  It all depends on how many I have, and how long a strip I will need.  Otherwise, I will just hold onto them for another project.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 215
madcallia replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:04 PM

Thanks Susie.  I am using a cream that was part of the line.  I don't have a large stash yet, so I bought all my fabrics together.   By the way - I am also from Illinois! (Springfield)

Page 86 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use