Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 82 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 510
quig639 replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 7:24 AM

I'm gonna  just Love this Quilt !!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 7:54 AM

didash:

Hi all! I'm soooo hoping some of our more experienced quilters are online!  Just got home from a quick couple of days away and started on Step 2.  Still don't know whether I should stick with the blue as the background material or change to the cream.  I stitched 5 samples using each of the 2.5" squares and then laid out each of the 2.5" squares on the cream and took a photo that I've attached here.  Opinions?????

I'm sure I'm stressing way too much over this, but I just don't want to go to all the work of stitching the quilt and then not like the final "look" and color choice! I guess some of that anxiety will lessen with more experience.  

@Sandy - Thanks for the "newbie tips" - great idea and help!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give an opinion!!

Diane in NJ

Didn't get online yesterday....so I'm sure you have made your decisions by now....but I just wanted to say I love your fabrics.  My choice would be the blue, but either one is going to make a wonderful quilt!!

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 8:15 AM

Teresa:

this is my first picture of MQ6. i love this pattern  i worked it around 7 differnt way, normaly i wound just go with what the book or magazine  had. but this is ready fun not knowing what you are going to get.

Wow Theresa.....this is beautiful!!  Isn't it fun trying to figure out how it is all going together!!  I think I am going to love this patten!!  I am using a jellyroll for the MQ....but I am already thinking I should get into my scrapbasket and started cutting up some more 2 1/2" squares!!

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 8:19 AM

Marilyn B:

You gals are all doing so well.  I have just started on my step 2 but was so excited to see all the combos you are coming up with I had to add mine as well.  Hopefully I can get step 2 done tomorrow, must finish laundry and groceries today and am working on placemats to raffle at my daughter's buck and doe next month and finishing off a quilt for my library helper who is graduating this year and going off to become a librarian, I am sure gonna miss her.

Love the dark background you chose Marilyn.  I almost always choose a light background......I will have to rethink my choices in future!!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 8:27 AM

Jeanne:

I haven't either Barbara.  I am hiding in my sewing room all day tomorrow. Not coming out for anything unless it is very very serious.  I have fabric to cut for 12 different quilt blocks to send out.  This quilt  My small quilt and so many other things that "have to be done"  tomorrow and Monday.  See you all when I surface or have a question.  I love all the quilts I have seen, I hope you all like mine, well I hope I like mine LOL

I'm with you Jeanne....making my coffee and going to my sewing room today!!  All else can wait for tomorrow!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 8:31 AM

good morning everyone, just about to head to the sewing machine to finish up step 2. I just wanted to say everyone's quilts are coming along great. I dont know about mine. Hopefully it will be okay in the end. I am hoping that I can find a border that will make my butterflies fly, because after cutting and sewing to scraps they seemed to have faded back. But then again I said I was doing this in the memory of my grandmother and her's were always really scrapy at least the ones she would let us kids use. It is funny cause Greg looked at my 2.5 x 2.5 layed out and said wheres the pattern, there is no patter? men haha

Have a great day..Tami

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

DH will be mowing the yard so I'm in my office/sewing room getting ready to finish step 2. Got them all marked yesterday, now to sew.

Everyone's choices are so great. I love the scrappy nature of many of them. 

I got up at 5 am because my Annabelle (Pekingese) was coughing so much. She began yesterday and DH said if she didn't stop by Monday, she'd go the the vet. I couldn't wait until Monday as it was getting worse. Took her to the emergency vet. At 10 years old (although I only think of her as a 2 year old...denial being a lovely place to live) I don't like to take chances. Doc said her heart and lungs sound good and she sounds like she has kennel cough, although how she could have that I don't know. We don't leave her in kennels and we haven't fostered in many months. She's on her antibiotics and cough meds now and the doc said it was better to not let it go another night as it seems worse at night. If she doesn't get better she will have to have an xray of her heart and lungs to see what's going on. Coughing is often a sign of heart failure but it can't be that since she is only 2 years old (see how well that works?).

Happy quilting, everyone!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Okay...I've done a few quilts but was sick for a very long time and didn't do anything. Now I'm trying to figure out how to sew on the bias (step 2) without it getting stretched. Ironing eases it but is there some trick or does it always look a bit unshapely before ironing?

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 170
ftkfowler replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:42 AM

Debbie: I love your colors.  Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

Mary:

DH will be mowing the yard so I'm in my office/sewing room getting ready to finish step 2. Got them all marked yesterday, now to sew.

Everyone's choices are so great. I love the scrappy nature of many of them. 

I got up at 5 am because my Annabelle (Pekingese) was coughing so much. She began yesterday and DH said if she didn't stop by Monday, she'd go the the vet. I couldn't wait until Monday as it was getting worse. Took her to the emergency vet. At 10 years old (although I only think of her as a 2 year old...denial being a lovely place to live) I don't like to take chances. Doc said her heart and lungs sound good and she sounds like she has kennel cough, although how she could have that I don't know. We don't leave her in kennels and we haven't fostered in many months. She's on her antibiotics and cough meds now and the doc said it was better to not let it go another night as it seems worse at night. If she doesn't get better she will have to have an xray of her heart and lungs to see what's going on. Coughing is often a sign of heart failure but it can't be that since she is only 2 years old (see how well that works?).

Happy quilting, everyone!

Mary, my thoughts are with you concerning your little Anabelle. I have two dog daughters of my own and one of them developed pyrometra last fall. Cherry and Chloe are 7 years old and still babies to me, and I was absolutely devestated at Cherry's diagnosis. The fatality rate for this disease is so high. It was a very tense six weeks but she is here by my side happy, healthy, sleeping on my bed beside her sister and I feel so blessed to have them with me. I guess what I'm trying to pass on is that no matter how big the worry there is always a bigger solution. Blessings!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 381
Points 8,545
didash replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 10:26 AM

Finished & SURPRISE!!!

Finished Step 2 in the wee hrs of the morning...SURPRISE! I stuck with the blue background!  Thank you to all who helped me make the monumentous decision! :)

I finally decided I was going to just "go with my gut" on the choice of fabric, continue to step out of my comfort zone and "go for it"! The way I see it, if I don't like the finished product, I can always donate it to our local home for unwed mothers, a homeless shelter, or one of the many nursing homes.

I've also decided that if the quilt turns out to be acceptable, I'm going to give it to my mother who is 82 and suffering from Alzheimers...blue has always been her favorite color and I will name the quilt somehow in her honor..  Attached below a few squares of Step 2 along with some 4 patches.  Comments?

Diane

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,715

didash:

Finished & SURPRISE!!!

Finished Step 2 in the wee hrs of the morning.....if I don't like the finished product, I can always donate it to our local home for unwed mothers...........I've also decided that if the quilt turns out to be acceptable, I'm going to give it to my mother who is 82 and suffering from Alzheimers...blue has always been her favorite color and I will name the quilt somehow in her honor..  Diane

Diane, this is really pretty. Go ahead and give it to your mom, she will love it no matter how it turns out.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:04 AM

didash:
I stuck with the blue background!

It's beautiful and bright, Diane.  Your mother will love it.  I know I would.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Just a quick tip...if you are using colored chalk to mark your squares on the bias and a white shirt, wash your hands before scratching itches...especially when the girls are itchy! lol

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 260
DEANNAC-2 replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 12:41 PM

I, too, have been playing on the design wall. It is so much fun to see some of the possibilities. Wish the cobwebs would clean themselves though.

Page 82 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use