Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 78 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Mimi:

Mary:
I had to get new fabric

Don't you just hate it when you have to make a trip to the LQS to buy fabric? LOL  Or did you use your stash?   Hope you had lots of fun finding it.  I seem to change my mind as the quilt get revealed.

It truly is a chore to go shop for fabric. Oh well...someone has to do it. Might as well be me. :D

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Patti:
Judy T, boy these are bright.  Makes me smile like a kid in a candy store.

Patti, the colors aren't as bright as it shows in my picture, but they are very colorful.

I'm having trouble with my background. I was going to use a pale yellow with tiny gold polka dots. But now that I have the four patch blocks done, that background looks white. I'm not sure I like it but perhaps it would be pretty after all is said and done? I just don't know. So I laid out some of my four patch blocks on some golden yellow. And on some blue.

HELP! 

Light yellow polka dot background. Not knowing the final design I worry the pale color will look, well, pale and dominate???

Dark yellow background. I'm thinking maybe UGH? Keep in mind I have quite a bit of yellow/gold in the four patch blocks.

Blue background. Pretty but do I want that much blue????

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 945
Teresa replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 9:38 AM

Got that Cup of coffie, i love all these combo blocks  they look great.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 2,395

Chugging along pretty nicely on this mystery.  All my step two squares are done, all my four patches from last week are done too.  I have to keep up because I'm doing three mystery quilts right now.   This one publishes the steps on Fridays, the second one on Saturdays and the third on the first of every month.  And I'm planning on doing a one day mystery in about 4 weeks.  Whew!

Jan, the Calico Quilter

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Sheri A.:

Judy, how do you make the picture in the quote smaller?  I like to use them when I reply so everyone knows whose post I'm referring to but they take up so much room at full size.

Sheri, not sure if I'm the Judy you're referring to but I'll answer anyway. When I replay, I "quote"  and the the photo is included in my reply. I then click on the photo and little hatch marks appear around the photo. I "grab" the bottom corner, hold down my mouse key  and pull into the middle to make the photo smaller. If I distort it, I simple grab the side or bottom and try to square it up.

Does this make sense?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Jan, the Calico Quilter:

....I have to keep up because I'm doing three mystery quilts right now.   This one publishes the steps on Fridays, the second one on Saturdays and the third on the first of every month.  And I'm planning on doing a one day mystery in about 4 weeks.  Whew!

Jan, the Calico Quilter

Jan, you are a busy girl.  Me too, I wasn't going to do this MQ6 but got sucked into it after looking at some of the posts. Housework? Ha!!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 2,395

Susie:
I posted a question on the step 2 discussion, but I'll ask here as well.  Did anyone stitch the other side of the diagonal to make an hst when you trim it?  I'm thinking that if I went to that much trouble to mark them all up, I may as well.  I dislike sewing triangles, so this will give me squares that I can use for something else...or maybe the border.  I'm just hesitating because I wasn't sure if we were going to need the triangles later.  Decisions, decisions.  I've never done a MQ, so I don't know what to expect.

I debated this but in the end just trimmed them and into the trash they went!  They weren't large enough for me to worry about, but then again, I'm not a scrap fanatic.  If they are larger I will save the trimmed triangles and put them in my scrap collection bag that I donate to crumb quilters or people who make charity quilts when it's full.  I'm glad there are people who use up every little bitty bit, but I'm afraid it isn't me.

Jan, the Calico Quilter

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 2,395

Judy T-Bellingham:
Jan, you are a busy girl.  Me too, I wasn't going to do this MQ6 but got sucked into it after looking at some of the posts. Housework? Ha!!

That's not counting the quilts I am making on my own besides the mysteries.  And the flowers I've been planting.  If you don't look closely you don't really see the house dust!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 2,395

Judy T-Bellingham:
I'm having trouble with my background. I was going to use a pale yellow with tiny gold polka dots. But now that I have the four patch blocks done, that background looks white. I'm not sure I like it but perhaps it would be pretty after all is said and done? I just don't know. So I laid out some of my four patch blocks on some golden yellow. And on some blue.

I personally like the lightest background.  It gives good contrast with the four patches.  I'm afraid that the gold or blue, while pretty in their own right, would not stand out enough from the four patch colors.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75
quiltydeb replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 9:54 AM

Do we have any information about the size of the finished quilt?  Thanks in advance.

Deb Peterson

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 945
Teresa replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:03 AM

this is my first picture of MQ6. i love this pattern  i worked it around 7 differnt way, normaly i wound just go with what the book or magazine  had. but this is ready fun not knowing what you are going to get.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

quiltydeb:

Do we have any information about the size of the finished quilt?  Thanks in advance.

Deb Peterson

Deb, it's 65 x 81

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:05 AM

i like the blue but either way its gonna look great!

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

re: Judy in the Pacific Northwest - "Housework Ha!"    I have a magnet on my fridge that says:  Housework is evil and it must be stopped! So I really get your statement. I just love all the chuckles I get on this site. What a great way to start my morning. Haven't started step 2 yet, still up to my knickers in paperwork but will be able to begin them by tomorrow. Getting loads of inspiration fromm you guys though, looking good!

Good morning everyone hope you're having an awesome weekend.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 945
Teresa replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:19 AM

I used most of my scraps for my daughter quilt for christmas . so i had to make some for this qult. when i was doing this my husband decided to ask if me if i had all   this fabic out for a reason. my quote was "you better go to you shop and carve something". He is an amazing wood carver he can take  a stump and fine all kinds of thing in it!

Page 78 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use