Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 74 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,125
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:25 PM

yes gini,  Walla Walla, Wa really does exist and I live in (33 yrs now). Have collected butterflies a little longer. And some times you will see walla walla shortened to walla2 or wa2, so I just claimed the name around ten years ago, and use it for most sites.. Tami

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:29 PM

i love visiting walla2.     how cool that you collect butterflies.  is that anything butterfly, like fabrics and cups,  or real butterflies?

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,125
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:37 PM

I agree. When I first saw the step I remember thinking I have done that before , how .... then went to the newbie page ( which a direct link would have been nice as well) first glance and I was oh ya right. So, seeing how I am printing out steps and filing them I would have liked just a little more in the step directions as well. But then again someone else maybe happy with it to save on ink or something.

Should be working on quilt not playing on puter.... Tami

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,125
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:49 PM

Well orginally when I was young it started out as necklaces, and everyone else started giving me other things. I did collect real ones but then I had children and cats. and well that was the end of that. I had to tell some people that I didnt collect them anymore a few years back because they would just give me anything .. no matter how ugly just because it was a butterfly. Looking out my window seems I have a few butterfly wind chimes from the boys haha.

So where in Idaho are you? I am thinking northern. I was born down in Blackfoot, and my dad lives just outside boise, sis, lives in boise, others live in Pocatello. Walla Walla is a nice town, I am not so crazy about all the wineries and how they have changed the town but then I go to a big city ( son is a student over in Portland) and oh my I just could not live with that many people haha. You can get just about anywhere in walla walla in about 15 min, seemed like when I have gone there everywhere seems to take 40 to 60 min to get there. I went over to Boise in March, and my dad was taking me out to breakfast, and I told him ,,,you know I in walla walla I would have had my breakfast half eaten by now ...Haha have a great day, think I am going to head over to the quilt squares now...tami

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,580

lashawng23:

Betty,

Not sure what printer you are using but I am an HP user and whenever I put in a new cartridge, I have to go thru the aligning process.  Did you do that?  Contact the manufacturer or visit their website's FAQs

Yes, I have  HP also and have changed cartridges many times. I was just hoping to find an easy solution.  I have been cleaning/ reorganizing my sewing room  today . It was getting so cluttered . will start on step 2 late this afternoon. Lots of time till next Friday . Get them done too soon and you just have to wait anyway.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 4:32 PM

I've completed 48 squares of Step 2...but that's probably all I'll get done today on MQ6.  Still have to work on my Marine quilt and 5 baby quilts, the first of which needs to be done by next Saturday for the baby shower, 2 of them for twin girls by 5/15 (they're being taken caesarean that day) and two more this summer.  I don't hold out much hope for getting the first 3 done on time, but I guess better late than never.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,035
Alicia replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 4:37 PM

I have done 2 of the other mystery quilts, I love the "Sweet Dreams" mystery quilt which I think was the first one, and also the 4th "Baubles and Beads". The sweet dreams is easy to do, and fun, but it makes a smaller quilt, so you would probably have to double it and add borders for it to be large enough for a double. The Baubles and Beads would be really cool in Christmas fabric too! It was a little harder to do, some odd cutting sizes, but it was very worth it in the end, I love the pattern! They both need higher contrast, or clearly contrasting fabrics to make the pattern really pop, but I think they would look great in holiday fabrics. That's my 2 cents anyway. :) Alicia 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,035
Alicia replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 4:39 PM

Sorry, that last post was for Tami, walla2 :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,035
Alicia replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 4:55 PM

The best explanation for this step that I have seen is in the first Mystery Quilt - Sweet Dreams. .  Debbie Caffrey has wonderful directions for this technique - I think you can find those directions if you look through this site. 

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 170
ftkfowler replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 4:57 PM

MaggieNae: Love your colors. Should be a beautiful quilt.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

For my little leftovers I have gallon size ziploc bags labeled in half inch increments from 1 1/2 up to 5 inches.  If I have strips or squares left over from a project they are put in a bag with others their size.  When a bag gets full, it's time to do a scrappy project!  I keep them all in an old picnic basket, so they're out of sight, but handy.

Jean in MN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,125
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 5:26 PM

thanks Alicia, right now I dont seem to be able to find my material... I have found some I had stashed that I am going dang I would have liked to have put that in the quilt dang.....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 5:32 PM

jeanbelle:
I have gallon size ziploc bags labeled in half inch increments

I really like your organizational plan for your scraps.  Thanks for sharing a great idea.  And welcome to QCA.  I don't think I've seen you on before.  Hope to see you on lots in the future.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 5:47 PM

Well I've finally gotten everything cut!!  I was going to feel badly about it and pout some because everyone else is on step 2 and then I saw that Gini had just cut hers last night!!  I'll save my pity party for some other time.

Hopefully, I'll get to sew my patches some this weekend or early next week.  I might even get caught up by the time the next step is announced!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188
Stephanie replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 5:55 PM

Cindi:

Well I've finally gotten everything cut!!  I was going to feel badly about it and pout some because everyone else is on step 2 and then I saw that Gini had just cut hers last night!!  I'll save my pity party for some other time.

Cindi,

Don't feel bad. The cutting is the hardest part. I have my four patches sewn, and haven't cut my 4 1/2 background squares yet. You'll be caught up in no time having everything cut and ready to go.....

Page 74 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use