Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 72 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 70 71 72 73 74 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:20 PM

Do you see what I see??  :)

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:36 PM

Got my four patches all done and pressed last night - no time to post the picture until tonight - mine are all scraps, and when I say scraps, I really mean it, no matchy-matchy!  Very random, just not any two alike together.  Got my other big project done today, so now ready for tomorrow, next step!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:36 PM

Yeah!  Here we go again!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 165

I am visiting my daughter in Australia and will be home the beginning of May.  I am going to join this group and make this mystery quilt.  I will be a little behind but hope to catch up relatively soon.  I hope (smile)

I am new to this board.  My name is Barb and I think this will be fun.  I won't be able to communicate to much right now until I return stateside.  Then I will look for material and get crackin.

Barb

So new that I have to wait to get  home to post an avatar from my main computer.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:44 PM

Welcome, Barb.  Looking forward to chatting with you.  Have fun in Australia.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:50 PM

Carol, Anita, and Mimi.  I love your fabrics.  We are going to have such a variety.  It will be so fun to see the results. 

So exciting to have the next step.   Still doing my blocks from step one.  Hope to get those done tomorrow.   Then on to step two.!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 196
Points 4,220
Debi replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:28 AM

Debbie-do:

Do you see what I see??  :)

I sure do. :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 196
Points 4,220
Debi replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:42 AM

Ok, I did MQ4 and 5, they had a color scheme sort of thing going. I have never done a truly scrappy quilt before, should I just toss all my squares in a basket and what comes out gets sewn into a four patch, or is there a better way? I am a bit anxious about this. I have been in Colorado with grandbabies and am going home tomorrow.  Will start sewing Saturday morning...cautiously. Any advice on this scrappy idea is appreciated. I bought a jelly roll so have lots of different fabrics, but several blocks of same fabric. Jelly roll has purple and black as main colors, background is black. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 5:09 AM

Debi:

. I have never done a truly scrappy quilt before, should I just toss all my squares in a basket and what comes out gets sewn into a four patch, or is there a better way?

Hi Debi.    most of us did exactly that.  It was a bit challenging for me to do, I really like order, but hey! I'm here to learn new things so mix it up is what I did. lol  Have fun with it.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 7:02 AM

Debi, I'm doing scrappy but stuck with greens, blues and a little bit of purple.  The only control I'm putting in is trying to use darks and lights in the four patch and not using all the same color in one block.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:28 AM

urgodschild2:

I am visiting my daughter in Australia and will be home the beginning of May.  I am going to join this group and make this mystery quilt.  I will be a little behind but hope to catch up relatively soon.  I hope (smile)

I am new to this board.  My name is Barb and I think this will be fun.  I won't be able to communicate to much right now until I return stateside.  Then I will look for material and get crackin.

Barb

So new that I have to wait to get  home to post an avatar from my main computer.

Welcome Barb!  Looking forward to your return.

Not Ranked
Posts 56
Points 820
MTAnn replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:34 AM

MT Nan - I'm north of Missoula in Arlee...how about you?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:39 AM

Here are my 4patches.  I have 6 repeating blocks.  On to step 2-hooray!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 10:07 AM

urgodschild2:
I am visiting my daughter in Australia and will be home the beginning of May. 

Barb,

My daughter just moved to Perth (from San Diego)  miss her terribly.  Where does your daughter live?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

Jeanine:

Anita-

You might want to go back and edit or redo your signature to take out the spaces.  I had extra spaces in mine at first, too. I think that is what is happening with all the blank space on your posts.  Maybe...  Just a suggestion.

Jeanine, thank you for the suggestion, I noticed it was too large as well. My grandson Jacob wanted to create the signature for me so I let him. He'll be returning to my home this afternoon and we'll correct it together. He loves to teach me "new" things on the computer and I love to be his student.

Page 72 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 70 71 72 73 74 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use