Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 70 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:54 AM

Barb S,

I love your colors!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:56 AM

Beautiful blocks,LaShawn!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:23 AM

Marsha,

Beautiful pictures. I wasn't too thrilled at having to brush cars and shovel the driveway, but it was pretty.

Jan G.

Rochester, NY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:43 AM

Elizabeth,

I find your squares warm and comforting.  I looked at them and wanted to snuggle up under one of my own. :}

Jan G.

Rochester, NY

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 305
Ashley replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 9:12 AM

I have a general stash organization question for the experienced quilters.  When you have leftovers from a project, how do you store them?  Do you keep the pieces as large as possible?  Do you immediately cut it up into strips or squares?  If so, what size? 

I currently have a very small stash that is very poorly organized.  One of my summer projects is to get my stash organized so I can actually use the fabric I have instead of always buying more (as fun as that is).  I'd appreciate any advice!

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Jen--beautiful blocks!!  Looks like a gorgeous quilt in progress!!

Have you started this MQ-6?  I hope to get going on it in a week or so.

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:19 PM

Ashley:

I have a general stash organization question for the experienced quilters.  When you have leftovers from a project, how do you store them?  Do you keep the pieces as large as possible?  Do you immediately cut it up into strips or squares?  If so, what size? 

I currently have a very small stash that is very poorly organized.  One of my summer projects is to get my stash organized so I can actually use the fabric I have instead of always buying more (as fun as that is).  I'd appreciate any advice!

Ashley,

I leave the large pieces uncut because I never know what I may want to use them for later.  Small pieces go into a container with other scraps.  I often look in there if I need small pieces for a project or if I want a scrap piece of fabric to experiment with stitches on my machine.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 190
Lee Behnke replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:23 PM

Ashley:

Ashley,

Someone in this thread mentioned Bonnie Hunter, so I Googled her name and found this article on controlling scraps.  My stash is definitely disorganized, but I'm going to use Bonnie's information to help me organize it. :-)  Here's the link:

http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml

Lee Behnke

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

Morning everyone! Just had to say what a wonderful group you all are. Just joined the group April 13 and am so impressed with the loving support you all share with each other and especially the newcomers. Thank you for sharing not only your knowledge but your friendship. I look forward each morning to reading your posts and hearing about your progress and your lives. I am already so fond of you all. I have finished my four patches but having so much paperwork to do, haven't posted my pics yet. I think I will free up some time for that this evening.

Karen, aka yayaquilts, just curious, was your "aka"  inspired from the Yaya Sisterhood movie? I just loved that movie, so hilarious.

Cheers to all!

Anita, Calgary, AB

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Welcome Anita! Great to have you with us.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:47 PM

hi anita, i don't think i welcomed you to the group, so welcome.   i live just south of you in idaho.  we have several neighbors from your city that summer here.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 1:38 PM

Could someone tell me how to add pictures to the "media" section??  I have tried and they end up in my profile instead of the media section??

Thanks

Barb

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 1:47 PM

BarbS

Go to GROUPS, then the MQ6 link.  On the right side, you should see MEDIA, click on that and then on the right again, you'll see Upload.  That's where you can post your photos.

Margaret

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Anita--No, my aka wasn't inspired by that movie.  (I just saw the movie for the first time last week--good movie!)  My grandbabies call me "Yaya".  It is Greek for grandmother.  My husband is half Greek (his mom was Greek-1st generation American-Greek) and half Italian.  When my daughter was pregnant with her first daughter, GIgi,who will be 5 in May, she asked if I would be "Yaya!"  She wanted her kids to have a "Yaya" just like she and her brother had Yaya (my hubby's mom).  At first I was reluctant, since I am not Greek, but then I thought about it and said ok.  Once my granddaughter was talking, Yaya was one of her first words--so I was very excited that she could say my "name." My daughter now has 3 beautiful children (Gigi, Brody, 2 and Hallee almost one) and my son has a son, Micah, almost 2,--they all said Yaya almost as soon as they started talking, except the youngest, Hallee, almost 11 months, but doesn't talk much as yet. So now I am Yaya and I quilt!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:24 PM

Thanks Margaret.....I thought that is what I did...but I will try again. 

Barb

Page 70 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use