Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 69 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 5:58 PM

Jen aka Jenniky:

Lashawng23 I am also working on the Nature's Garden quilt. I however have set the fabric that came with the kit aside...and Im doing the quilt in Pink to match my Grandaughters room. Here are some pics of what I have done so far. 

jen, your blocks are beautiful.  i would love for you to join us in the applique group and share your pictures and techniques

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 6:17 PM

really love your fabrics it is sure to be beautiful.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
kgb1344 replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 7:23 PM

I am coming in a bit late, just ordered my fabric kit today, but I am excited to start --when it arrives! 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 7:47 PM

kgb1344:

I am coming in a bit late, just ordered my fabric kit today, but I am excited to start --when it arrives! 

You won't be very far behind me.  I just started cutting 2 1/2" squares today - 190 cut so far!  I finally decided to use the same fabrics I used in my Farmer's Wife blocks, some 30 plus year old tiny calicos I bought in packs of about 11" x 13" pieces.  I NEED to use these up - I like them but they are taking up space in the shoe boxes I need for other scraps I keep accumulating.  Probably have enough for 3 or 4 of these quilts.  Will see how the mystery finishes - probably can use this pattern for the 38 x 44 inch wheelchair quilts I am making.  Would be a good way to use them up.  Haven't decided on a border fabric yet, but will use an off-white tone on tone for the background.  Finally--------I am getting started.  When my eyes started crossing and my needle kept backing into my finger (I hate thimbles), I decided it was time to take off from binding the wheelchair quilts.  Maybe I will get the pieces all cut by Friday and still be one step behind!

Welcome to the group - we have fun, sometimes we don't keep to the subject, but WE HAVE FUN!!!

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 8:22 PM

Finished my 4 patches today ready for the next step on Friday.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

I'm really looking forward to the next step - as well as doing this mystery.  As I was going through my box of precut 2 1/2" squares (thank you Bonnie Hunter), I found a stack of scrappy 4 patches already sewed together....more than 96.  Imagine how surprised I was to find I was already done with step 1 without even sewing a stitch.  That is going to make this quilt extra special for me.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:30 PM

Jennsquilts:

I'm really looking forward to the next step - as well as doing this mystery.  As I was going through my box of precut 2 1/2" squares (thank you Bonnie Hunter), I found a stack of scrappy 4 patches already sewed together....more than 96.  Imagine how surprised I was to find I was already done with step 1 without even sewing a stitch.  That is going to make this quilt extra special for me.

What a deal!  And I thought I was lucky (thanks to Bonnie) that I didn't have to cut any squares, just count them out of my box.  But I now have mine 4 patches all done, too. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,565

I am sooo glad I got my 4 patches finished and pressed Tuesday evening. I spent all day shopping and putting together the large hobby table [ with 2 drop leaf sides] and an office chair for my newby quilting friend. Tuesday afternoon I went over to organize all the things we have shopped for the last 2 weeks [she hadn't even taken them out of the bags. lol......Now tomorrow I have to help her cut the strips for her 4 patch corner blocks. Saturday my other friend needs help getting hers squared up for borders and binding.  Somewhere in there I will have to do my next step. Plus I need to take pictures and post current step. I may have to give up sleeping. lol I may never get out to my yard and garden...Oh well.....I do what is important.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,450
Squareitup replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 11:55 PM

Finished my 4 patches a few days ago but just now had the time to take a quick picture of them.  Boy, the colors look different when you put them together this way.  Can't wait to see what Friday brings.  I picked a busy pattern for my 4 1/2" block.  May have to rethink that soon.  May need to switch to a solid.

Square it Up, Las Vegas

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:34 AM

So many beautiful color combinations that everyone has shared!!  Lots of fun checking to see how everyone's blocks are turning out!!!   And some very cute Fur babies as Well.

I am all done my 4 patches and looking forward to Friday!!

Using a "Butterfly Fling" Jellyroll.

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:44 AM

I also have a question for MNNancy......I noticed that your signature says you are in the Brainerd area.....I am going to be at Breezy Point for a week at the end of May and am hoping to visit some quilt shops in the area.....do you have any recommendations??

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Barb

Manitoba, Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Here are by blocks from Nature's Garden, I used the blanket stitch.  I need to practice the other stitches (once I begin to understand them)

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 1,010

Awesome job... Lashawn. Your firestar block is great also..that is one I have been having trouble with. First with using a Satin stitch around it..then once I had it completed the color choices I chose to go with my pinks works but doesnt seem to meld in with the other blocks. Im looking at making try number four at the firestar block..lol.  Will love seeing your Birds and Butterflies when the company gets the missing templates. :) :) 

Have a great day!

Jen

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:49 AM

kgb1344:

Welcome kgb1344!  You won't be that far behind so it will be easy to catch up.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:53 AM

Squareitup,

Very colorful.  It's going to be very pretty.

Page 69 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use