Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 64 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:12 PM

Susie:
Do you have options for your background?  If I might suggest a deep burgundy or wine color?  I think it would pull out the shades in the squares really well.  If you are trying to stay muted, maybe pull a gray-blue?  Just a suggestion :)

Thanks for the suggestions Susie.  I'm not sure what I have in my stash and am hoping to complete this project without having to make another purchase.  I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something.  Like the ideas you've come up with.  Will see what the next step is and hopefully have a better idea of where we're going with this before making a final decision.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:15 PM

Thank you Sylvia.  I've had this jelly in the draw for quite some time.  Am happy with the way it's working up so far.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:16 PM

LOL Nana .. yes, I do believe these are from one of many Connecting Threads collections I've got stashed away.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:17 PM

Can't wait to see how each of the tops being made from the Bittersweet kit come out.  Should really be interesting with so many people using the same fabric.  It's a really pretty collection.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:28 PM

Elizabeth:

Loving all of the wonderful fabric selections.  I went with some muted country colors for this one.  Here's a small sampling of my four-patches, which I managed to sew up yesterday:

Still haven't cut my larger squares.  Will probably wait until Friday's instructions come out and then choose some fabric from the cabinet.

This is going to be very pretty, Elizabeth.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:31 PM

I finished the last of my 4 patch squares today.

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 305
Ashley replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:42 PM

So many gorgeous sets of 4-patches!  I'm starting to think we should just sew them all together and be done with this mystery quilt.  ;)  It will be even more fun to see what the next steps hold!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 105
Traci replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:42 PM

Wow.  That looks good.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 105
Traci replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:48 PM

Elisabeth, I love your colors.  Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 8,565
didash replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:53 PM

Patricia Faye - Do you have a photo of your MQ5?? I checked the MQ5 media posts and didn't see it.  Was just curious to see how this jelly roll worked up in the quilt.  Thanks! 

Diane in NJ

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 220
webstitch replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:55 PM

Webstitch, what a great quilt that is going to make. Love the bright colors and all the polka dots!

Thanks MN Nancy, sorry it took me so long to reply - I adore dots, stripes, swirls - anything that makes me blink a few times while looking at it lol, so this jelly roll really was attractive to me, I'm glad I got to use it for something like this. It's great to read the blog and find so much genuine excitement over the MQ...it pumps me up even more than I already am!

Toni

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

didash:

Patricia Faye - Do you have a photo of your MQ5?? I checked the MQ5 media posts and didn't see it.  Was just curious to see how this jelly roll worked up in the quilt.  Thanks! 

Diane in Hi Diane  I still had my picture from Mystery Quilt 5 and here is what it turned out to be.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620
Sue Jones replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 4:11 PM

The quilter just got mine done, can't wait to see it tonight.

Sue

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

MaggieNae:
            Have you checked your LQS for longarm rental?          

Maggie yes I have checked and there aren't any that are close to me that have the longarm machine to rent. I do as many as I can myself at home only send the big ones that I can't do with my machine.

Pat B from sunny Southern California

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 4:14 PM

I just realized that I'm going to miss out on a whole week!

I have to go out of town for a conference--leaving the afternoon of the 5th & won't return until the 11th.  I'll have to do two weeks in one.  Double darn!  Oh well...could be worse, right?  I do get to go to Florida for a week on the company.

Patricia--your MQ5 is beautiful!  I love the colors in it.

Sheri--Your 4-patches turned out very pretty.  That would be a striking quilt all by itself!  Now I can't wait to see how the rest of the squares play into the finished top.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 64 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use