Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 63 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:14 PM

Patti you are so sweet to say all the nice things you did about everyone's material and progress on their quilts. so thoughtfull thank you .. Tami

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:06 AM

Very pretty Tami!  So colorful.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:14 AM

MNnancy:
 How about a Texas retreat?  Creations has a retreat center.

That would be a good "Plan B" if we can't find a reasonably priced place in Phoenix.  I love San Antonio!!  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Points 2,685

Pat,  Thank you for the Birthday wishes. Yesterday my friend brought her machine over and I got her strip sewing and pressing etc.  I saw some big containers under my cutting table that I hadn't looked into for a long time .  So now with the 4 hanging ready to be put together, I  have found a total of 19 quilts , 13 with batting and backing ready to be quilted. Plus the one I am hand quilting and MQ6. Spending time teaching others will slow my production line down some otherwise no telling how many I'd have. lol   Today after bible study a few of us go to lunch and shopping. Then I will go over to my friends house to help her organize all the supplies we have been shopping for the last 2 weeks.  I finished my 4 patches and pressed by 10:30 last nite so I am ready for Friday.  If I have someone else do the quilting I just don't feel like its all mine , thats one reason I have so many ufo's. I just have so many ideas in my head I have to keep going.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Points 2,685

Gagoo, Such a beautiful puppy!  Thats one thing a puppy can do, enter your heart where you thought there wasn't any more room. Puppies just need to confined to safe areas untill they have manners. I have a kid gate by my sewing room  because being a german shepard  is so big and there is no room for him to be in here plus even at 7 he is too nosey. But his treats are in here so he lays outside the gate. You will enjoy your puppy for many years. Betty

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Ok--I'm behind already!  I'm heading home today after a 5 day quilt retreat(the best retreat ever-a private one with 2 BFF quilting buddies and needless to say, we had a BLAST! We sewed to the wee hours every night and accomplished a lot!!

I know my husband will think I have my "sewing bug" all used up--NOT!!!  He just doesn't get it ! He doesn't understand my "quilting/sewing passion!" He doesn't understand the excitement and joy of this creative process!

And I was having sew much fun, I forgot the next step for this MQ was on the 20th.  Love everyone's fabric combos. WOW! I am such a "newbie" on here--I think this is only my second post.

I think I am using batiks but still not sure.  Hoping I will be able to squeeze in some sewing this week without someone getting upset!!!! Excited to get started.

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

Gagoo, Such a beautiful puppy!  Thats one thing a puppy can do, enter your heart where you thought there wasn't any more room. Puppies just need to confined to safe areas untill they have manners. I have a kid gate by my sewing room  because being a german shepard  is so big and there is no room for him to be in here plus even at 7 he is too nosey. But his treats are in here so he lays outside the gate. You will enjoy your puppy for many years. Betty

Betty, I can't agree with you more. First Gogoo's puppy melts my heart and secondly I have two dog "daughters" of my own. They are beside me no matter what I am doing, even now nussling under my arm as I type on this page, Cherry and Chloe are their names. My girls are such a blessing in my life and give me so much joy.

Hope everyone is having a excellent day. Don't know if I'm going to get to scratch the quilting itch today or even for the rest of the week. It's tax time here and I have to finish the paperwork and file by April 30. Hopefully it will go smoothly and I can free up some time to quilt.

Anita, Calgary, AB

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 12:35 PM

Loving all of the wonderful fabric selections.  I went with some muted country colors for this one.  Here's a small sampling of my four-patches, which I managed to sew up yesterday:

Still haven't cut my larger squares.  Will probably wait until Friday's instructions come out and then choose some fabric from the cabinet.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 1:28 PM

Elizabeth:

Loving all of the wonderful fabric selections.  I went with some muted country colors for this one.  Here's a small sampling of my four-patches, which I managed to sew up yesterday:

Still haven't cut my larger squares.  Will probably wait until Friday's instructions come out and then choose some fabric from the cabinet.

That is going to be lovely, Elizabeth!  Do you have options for your background?  If I might suggest a deep burgundy or wine color?  I think it would pull out the shades in the squares really well.  If you are trying to stay muted, maybe pull a gray-blue?  Just a suggestion :)

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,043
Points 19,980

I'm using the Bittersweet Jelly Roll - All 4 patches done!!  Here is a sampling---

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 469
Points 7,500

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:
If I have someone else do the quilting I just don't feel like its all mine , thats one reason I have so many ufo's. I just have so many ideas in my head I have to keep going.

Hi Betty,

I agree when you do your own machine quilting you feel like it's more you. But , I quilt my own as many as i can. The big ones that I can't do with my machine are the ones I send out to get quilted. "Good luck with all your UFO's I'm finally towards the bottom of mine, but have several more in the making as I am writing this, so I guess my pile will start getting bigger again lol. I'm loving it though I've been really in the quilting mood lately. I have several lined up that I want to do, also have a Secret sister Christmas present to do. Went to quilt shop today and got my fabric for the Christmas project. A Christmas Tree Wall Hanging Quilt. My Secret sister wants Holiday decorations so I thought that this wall hanging would be ideal. Have fun sewing with your friends.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 2:52 PM

Elizabeth,

Your fabrics are gorgeous!  This is going to be such a beautiful quilt!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 2:53 PM

Oohhh Beth, very nice!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 2:57 PM

Elizabeth

I see lots of Connecting Threads fabric in your selection.  I recognize them because I have used most of them at one time or another...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 2:58 PM

Pat and Betty.  Have you checked your LQS for longarm rental?  Mine let's me use their machine for $20.00/hr after a how-to lesson.  This might save time, and help to get your projects done without having to send them out.

Page 63 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use