Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 59 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,484
Points 21,915
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:26 AM

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

Susie---Just do like I did, I talked quilting so much they had to join in to find out what it was all about. lol

Betty--I do!  My daughter loves to go shopping with me, and has done some LA quilting.  But she doesn't particular like doing the tops.  And I think it's because all she's ever done is basic charm quilts.  But the fabric I bought her is all baby flannels.  She's thinking that she wants to do a fleece camo print for the backing.  I may have to help her stay caught up, but she'll do most of it.  Good thing I have an accu-go that can do 2 1/2" strips.  Sure made the cutting go quickly!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:38 AM

Marsha-SM:
so we woke to a winter wonderland

Here are 2 pictures!  First is our pear tree - white with blossoms yesterday ------  Today ---------  still white but ---

This is an apple tree and all the trees, wires, etc between house and back of barn

Not so much snow on the ground as on colder surfaces.  You can see how wet the lawn is from the "puddle" in the middie if the lawn.  That is about 4 inches of snow.  The deck and car have nearly 6.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,415
Points 62,205
Bonita replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:15 AM

webstitch:
handful of my 4-patches(using the "Bold and Beautiiful - Brights" Jelly Roll by Benartex). 

Webstitch, that's a great name for these squares. All three words fit perfectly.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,415
Points 62,205
Bonita replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:22 AM

Didash, when I put my hand to cover the white, my eyes went to the blue instead of the squares. When covering the blue the squares stood out more. So my choice is the white. Either way will be pretty.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,415
Points 62,205
Bonita replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:25 AM

Marsha, beautiful pictures but to cold for me. We had a " cold front move thru her yesterday and it's now 68, that's cold enough for me.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 847
Points 15,700

didash, I used the same jelly rolls for MQ5.  It turned out very pretty.  It is one of my UFOs.  It needs to be quilted.  My new daughter-in-law admired it so I may give it to her as a Christmas present this year so it won't be a UFO for much longer!

I like your combinations for the blocks. Sometimes you just have to go with your first choice so I wouldn't recut your blocks.  I think you should  go with the blue, but sometimes I feel color challenged too.   

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,625
Sylvia replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:00 AM

Oh, that is just way too cold for this South Texas girl.  Snow and ice in April?  Brrrrr!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:11 AM

Sylvia:

Oh, that is just way too cold for this South Texas girl.  Snow and ice in April?  Brrrrr!

Sylvia,  I think will stick with our variable weather.  I don't do heat very well, especially  when humidity is mixed in.  That is why our daughter doesn't get visits in the summer.  She comes HERE instead!  She likes to get here once for the snow and once for the cooler summer each year.  We go to se her in March/April and Oct/Nov usually for 10 days to 2 weeks at a time.  Her trips here are usually a week.  (She lives north of Houston)

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:25 AM

aemercer59@hotmail.com:

WHERE IS THE PDF DOWNLOAD FOR THE FABRIC REQUIREMENTS?????

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/blogs/mysteryquilts/archive/2012/03/30/bittersweet-fabric-requirements-and-cutting-instructions.aspx

click on the heading - Mystery Quilt VI

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 1,170
Gagoo replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:37 AM

I love everyones fabric choices. Will have to get going on mine, as usual, I am a bit behind. We got a new puppy 2 weeks ago and I can't leave him alone long enough to go upstairs to my sewing room. I know what fabric I am using, just need someone to babysit downstairs so I can get upstairs to cut and sew sew sew. I would bring him with me but I am afraid my room would be in shreds.

We lost our beautiful 10 year old Lab 6 months ago, never thought I could open my heart again, meet Buddy Bear

Quilty Hugs,

Gagoo

• | Post Points: 125
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10
Marianne replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:40 AM

I love your colors. I've gotten stuck trying to decide what scraps stash I would like to use. Your choice of colors helped me decide. It reminds me of a cool ocean breeze. Thanks for the inspiration.  I'm Marianne and hope and Hope to have fun with this.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,415
Points 62,205
Bonita replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:45 AM

Gagoo:

We lost our beautiful 10 year old Lab 6 months ago, never thought I could open my heart again, meet Buddy Bear

Quilty Hugs,

Gagoo

Sorry for the loss of you pet. But what a cutie you have here. Such a sweet face.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Gagoo, Buddy Bear is adorable. Being a furbaby fan myself, I just love these little critters.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,625
Sylvia replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:04 AM

Marsha,

I have to agree with you on the heat.  It is insufferable here at times.  And the humidity is just terrible. I live about 3 hours Southwest of Houston.   I wish we could get the beautiful season changes that you all have up North.  I'd love to see all the leaves on the tree turn from green to orange.  Down here, mine just turn brown and fall off.   Seems to do that all at once. Not pretty at all.

I do love crisp cool mornings though.  I went to Missoula, MT once at the end of  July and the nights/mornings were around the mid 30s.  It was so wonderful to wrap up in a quilt and sit on the front porch of the cabin and watch the sun come up with a nice hot cup of coffee.

We did get to see snow here a few years back and that was just beautiful.  I can get cool when it's hot, but I can't get warm when it's cold.  Me and ice/snow just don't get along for very long.  I can't imagine driving and shopping with all that snow and ice.  I think if I lived up North, I'd be like a grizzly bear and just hibernate through the winter. Oh, wait a minute, I do that anyway.  LOL!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,625
Sylvia replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:06 AM

Diane,

Lovely lovely fabrics.  This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

Page 59 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use