Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 58 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 220
webstitch replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I haven't properly introduced myself  since joining in March - I'm a rebel, what can I say? - but I'm Toni, and I'd like to say I'm an old, experienced quilter - and I am one of those things...but unfortunately, it's not the experienced quilter! Anyhow, I love, love, love many of the fabric combos I'm seeing in the blog, and here's a pic of a handful of my 4-patches(using the "Bold and Beautiiful - Brights" Jelly Roll by Benartex).  Haven't squared them up yet.

This is my first MQ, so I'm glad to find so many generous people to enjoy it with - hopefully I won't have to beg too much advice! I hope the pic posts! Hi again!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:13 PM

Jackie

Love the b&w!  I have a ton of them.  Makes me wonder how the remaining squares will be used.  Maybe I could mix the b&w with the brights?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:15 PM

Love your fabric, web stitch.  It will be a great quilt.  Welcome to the MQ world.  Have fun with it.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 220
webstitch replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:31 PM

Thanks, Jeanine. I appreciate the welcome. I'm looking forward to the "group experience" - I don't have anyone around here to talk to about fabric, especially since whenever I mention it to my boyfriend lately, his eyes start to glaze over and he begins to look around like he's gotta be somewhere else...anywhere else, lol.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 8,520
didash replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 1:51 AM

Here are my blocks...only laid out a sampling since the rest are repeats of the same fabrics. Not real thrilled with it, but my choice of Jelly Rolls was this one or one other (and the other one was literally falling apart!).  Don't have a stash yet to pull from :(

I really could use some opinions.  Since the Jelly Roll fabrics were all pretty "light", I thought I should have a darker background fabric for contrast so chose the darker blue fabric in the foreground - it's kind of batiky looking.  Should I stick with that or recut the background squares out of the light colored yardage also pictured in the foreground??? The light fabric is a tone on tone...sort of cream color with tiny white pattern. Unfortunately I'm very "color challenged", so I welcome the opinions of others...you all are so good at putting colors together and visualizing how it will work out....

Thanks in advance!

Diane in NJ

• | Post Points: 155
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 3:49 AM

Diane,

That's a tough question since we don't know how the pattern will lay out. I'm leaning to the white, but if you already have cut the squares out of the blue wouldn't you want to go ahead and use them? I'm sure it will be beautiful either way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 3:51 AM

Welcome Toni.

Pretty fabric collection. Hope you enjoy your first MQ.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:45 AM

Diane, I really like your colors. As for the background, I would go with the white as it provides more contrast in value.  That seems to make a big difference in many of these MQs.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:03 AM

Diane 

I love the blue!  I think there is enough contrast and would make a wonderful, bright quilt.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:44 AM

didash:
I really could use some opinions.  Since the Jelly Roll fabrics were all pretty "light", I thought I should have a darker background fabric for contrast so chose the darker blue fabric in the foreground - it's kind of batiky looking.  Should I stick with that or recut the background squares out of the light colored yardage also pictured in the foreground??? The light fabric is a tone on tone...sort of cream color with tiny white pattern.

Didash, I like both.  At first I thought the blue, but since the squares are larger and we don't know how they will be used, the boldness of the blue might overpower your prints.  The white would make a lighter over-all quilt.  The blue might work for the border unless you have already cut the squares.  It looks in the picture as if you have just cut the strips. We don't know how wide the border is to be, but you could probably do a multiple border with the white or another color from your 4 patches if it is to be wider than 4" finished.

I really like your prints and the perfect match of the blue.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:44 AM

didash:
I really could use some opinions.  Since the Jelly Roll fabrics were all pretty "light", I thought I should have a darker background fabric for contrast so chose the darker blue fabric in the foreground - it's kind of batiky looking.  Should I stick with that or recut the background squares out of the light colored yardage also pictured in the foreground??? The light fabric is a tone on tone...sort of cream color with tiny white pattern.

Didash, I like both.  At first I thought the blue, but since the squares are larger and we don't know how they will be used, the boldness of the blue might overpower your prints.  The white would make a lighter over-all quilt.  The blue might work for the border unless you have already cut the squares.  It looks in the picture as if you have just cut the strips. We don't know how wide the border is to be, but you could probably do a multiple border with the white or another color from your 4 patches if it is to be wider than 4" finished.

I really like your prints and the perfect match of the blue.

Sorry for the double - tried to delete this one, but no option, so here is the result of my stutter-fingers this morning.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:12 AM

Debbie-do:
We had a lot of fun on the shop hop. Four ladies and one baby, 5 quilt shops.  My new fabric is still out so I can enjoy it.  Thankfuly the urge to splurge didn't hit full force until the last two stores or I'd have been broke!

Wish I had been able to get there!  Maybe another time.  I would have been broke at the first shop!  I don't get the chance to fondle fabric before I buy it - all my purchases are online.  I did get into Handcocks near my daughter's, but didn't have time to even LOOK!  Had to get the fabrics to match the booth for the Pet Expo and then get back to the sewing machine.  She is not a quilter, so wouldn't spend much time in the shop - just long enough to get the solid blue and green to match the banner for the display, then OUT.  My oldest daughter would have stayed there all day, but she was not with us.

We got back home just in time to experience one of the first REAL snows of this wierd year.  It alternately rained and snowed during the night so we woke to a winter wonderland - snow stuck everywhere!  Just hope the winds don't get to strong, or it will be raining branches!  Now the snow is alternating between fine snow and clumps of snow!  Rich went alone trucking today and barely made it up our hill to the first farm.  He had to stop halfway up then crept to the edge of the road where there was a little coarser gravel instead of mud under the snow.  He said the paved roads had just been plowed and sanded, but one car had just gone into the ditch.  He didn't see the car because the ditch was so deep, but saw the man climbing out of the ditch so he was OK.  He didn't stop because he was to far past him when he saw him and didn't want to join him in the ditch with his truck and 20 foot trailer.  Even though the road was heavily sanded, it was still icy underneath.  He hasn't called for at least 1/2 hour, so hope he is still on top of the road and not in a ditch or stuck in a farmyard.  Everything around here is hills and curves.

Wish we had some of the beautiful weather we left behind in Texas on Wednesday!  Should have stayed another week as we usually do.  We will not be down there in June!  I don't handle heat very well. 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 280

WHERE IS THE PDF DOWNLOAD FOR THE FABRIC REQUIREMENTS?????

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,935
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:15 AM

didash:

Here are my blocks...only laid out a sampling since the rest are repeats of the same fabrics. Not real thrilled with it, but my choice of Jelly Rolls was this one or one other (and the other one was literally falling apart!).  Don't have a stash yet to pull from :(

I really could use some opinions.  Since the Jelly Roll fabrics were all pretty "light", I thought I should have a darker background fabric for contrast so chose the darker blue fabric in the foreground - it's kind of batiky looking.  Should I stick with that or recut the background squares out of the light colored yardage also pictured in the foreground??? The light fabric is a tone on tone...sort of cream color with tiny white pattern. Unfortunately I'm very "color challenged", so I welcome the opinions of others...you all are so good at putting colors together and visualizing how it will work out....

Thanks in advance!

Diane in NJ

Diane--I love the blue for the background.  But I like bold, bright quilts and I would be afraid that the white would make it too light of a quilt.

Beautiful squares.  I lvoe the choices!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,935
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:17 AM

webstitch:

Hi Everyone,

I haven't properly introduced myself  since joining in March - I'm a rebel, what can I say? - but I'm Toni, and I'd like to say I'm an old, experienced quilter - and I am one of those things...but unfortunately, it's not the experienced quilter! Anyhow, I love, love, love many of the fabric combos I'm seeing in the blog, and here's a pic of a handful of my 4-patches(using the "Bold and Beautiiful - Brights" Jelly Roll by Benartex).  Haven't squared them up yet.

This is my first MQ, so I'm glad to find so many generous people to enjoy it with - hopefully I won't have to beg too much advice! I hope the pic posts! Hi again!

Toni--what fun colors!  I love how the colors all blend together and make the dots pop out.  Beautiful!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 58 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use