Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 54 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 6,265
PennyWyo replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 8:10 PM

Oh Wow!  I am a very dull color, classic fabric person but these fabrics are so striking.  This is going to be gorgeous.  The pink( fuscia) makes it pop.  Wow!

Penny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Ok, most of the day I worked on a quilt for my mother for her mother's day gift.  I have the backing, batting and front assembled.  I managed to do about 30 four patches today as well.  

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 8:58 PM

Here are a few of my 4-patches...after spending all day in the sun and 90 degree heat with grandsons Little League, then having a dead battery, and then assisting with the American Legion's 'yard sale" I just don't have enough energy to lay them all out, but this will give a good idea of the colors (batiks) I'm using.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:05 PM

Boy I must be doing too much because I finished my 4 squares but forgot my camera at school.   Hope to take a picture on Monday.  Everyone's squares are looking great.  Can't wait until next Friday as the mystery continues!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:11 PM

Wow Karla, this is going to be a lovely quilt.   I can't believe you even had the energy to sew at all.  What a busy day.  Is it true what they say about the heat in Nevada, that the air is so dry it's not as hot?  Seems to me hot is hot no matter where you might be. Have a good night.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 115
Karol replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:11 PM

I've never done a MQ before. I got the kit and I've cut the 2-1/2" squares. Anything else I should know?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:17 PM

Mimi:
Is it true what they say about the heat in Nevada, that the air is so dry it's not as hot?

Heat is heat, but it doesn't feel as hot because there is virtually no humidity.  We are at almost 5000 feet in elevation and I can tell you that the sun feels much more intense and you sunburn much more quickly than when we lived in California at just above sea level.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 10:17 PM

It has been so hot I have not been outside, can't believe I got this all sone in two days.  I like my fabric better now that is in 4 patches

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 10:18 PM

Oops here is the pic

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,895
Points 69,215
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 10:19 PM

Debbie, I agree with your kitty, great blocks and enough to cover your chair. :)

Lashawng,love all those pretty purples.

Karla, your batik is going to be lovely. I just might have to do one after the batik swap, maybe by then I'll have enough to do one.

Elizabeth, I like them too. It's going to be real pretty.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 10:40 PM

Elizabeth:

Jeanine:
Sounds like you are going to take the shortcut to four patches

-I did cut alll into 2.5 in squares.  I am doing a controlled scrappy the four patches are of only two fabrics, half done off to the pool.  It is 90 here today again

When you said you cut your strips I thought you were going to strip piece them.  That would work for the not as scrappy versions.  I actually thought it was pretty smart.  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 10:49 PM

Wow, everyones four patches are looking great. I have most of mine done. Only about twenty left to do. I took some pictures but I do not like how they turned out. Maybe I will try again tommorrow and post for everyone. I love seeing all the pictures. I should easily be able to finish these four patches before the next clue. I am getting very excited about this mystery.

Linda

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10
Leila replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 11:01 PM

Patti,

Your fabric combo is awesome. I'm using my stash, so it's going to be a mix of interesting things! (I also need to find a background fabric.) I've been driving to New Mexico and back the past week, so I don't have anything sewn yet.

Leila,

Baton Rouge, LA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:31 AM

Really love seeing everyone's pics of their fabrics and blocks!! Nice choices, great colors! I'm not as thrilled with mine, but it will do as this is a "learning quilt" for me. I've managed to get 30 blocks complete (including squaring up) - another 30 ready to be squared, and still have to finish assembling the balance (hopefully tomorrow!).  I was tickled pink that of the 60 blocks complete, I only had to rip 5 - seams were only slightly off, but since the others came out right I didn't want the "off" ones to stand out. With so many pieces, I'm glad I learned to chain piece when doing my first quilt! LOL!  I'll post a pic when I have them all complete. Thanks to everyone for sharing - it is really helpful for a newbie like me. This is a great group - really enjoying it.

Diane

PS - I know $35 is not much to spend in a fabric store...it was my poor attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor.  I never expected to enjoy quilting so much nor did I expect to feel "hooked"! LOL!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 19,895

Karol - Have you found the instructions for the first week.  We are sewing 4-patches.  Check for the instructions.

Page 54 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use