Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 48 of 214 (3208 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,207 Replies | 110 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 105
Traci replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 11:48 AM

Just finished cutting my squares yesterday.  I'm using the Curio fabric line from Moda.  Now I'm off to the sewing machine....

Traci

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

I am chomping at the bit to get started (can you tell I live in ranch country?), printed the instructions before I went to bed last night. My husband and I are self employed, owning a hardwood flooring business for the last almost 30 years, so work comes first and I have a ton of paperwork to do, but after that I am so going to tackle this project. Doing this mystery quilt  appeals to me so much because I love puzzles and mysteries so this is right up my alley.

I do have a question though, other than the background I have chosen only 4 fabrics, is that going to be enough choice or do I need to add more color alternatives?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 11:55 AM

Very nice, Traci!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 11:57 AM

Ashley:
I'm so jealous that you guys get to start!

I was just thinking how jealous I am of those at home sewing already.  Can't wait until tonight!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 12:48 PM

thanks Jeanine, I think I am going to melt the box, and just put hand in and pull out 4 squares and come what may.. Maybe my grandma will be looking down on me and pushing certain ones in my way, so with this in mind I think I will call this grandma's quilt. Plus I remember being a yound girl sleeping with my grandma's "rag" quilts, though now that means something else...Tami

So floors done, kitchen and bathroom clean, ribs in the slow cooker. here I come squares....

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,005
Jackie replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 12:58 PM

Wow Pat! 

That was a good deal.  Currently unemployed, so trying to wait on purchases like that..., Maybe I can convince Hubby and the kids that it would be nice for Mother's Day!

I have a rotary cutter with a titanium blade, it allows me to cut several layers at a time. It was a life saver.

Enjoy your 4-patching!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Hi Annie,

At my house my dogs have a rule--they get walked FIRST or there IS no cutting or sewing.  :-)    Have fun!   Hope your four-footed one has a nice long nap this evening!!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:37 PM

I am finding this to be kind of fun. Just letting go of the power and what happens happens. Seems so odd as I really dont even know what color it is going to turn out to be haha

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 945
Teresa replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:00 PM

started this moring, real excited, and i doing this on my mother-in-law pethal machine ( hope this not a mistake) that i clean up after a fire she had a few years ago. It working like a charm, it makes me take more breaks.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 9,795
MaggieNae replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:02 PM

I'm using six colors.  Two stacks of three.  I'm pulling one piece from each stack and hoping I get a good mix that keeps me from doubling up later on.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 2,170
Jeanne replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:15 PM

OMGosh Teresa,

I wish I was there with you using that machine.  I told Mr. Gwin the other day that I was going to auctions this summer and finding me a treadle sewing machine in one of those beautiful cabinets.  Of course he is such a spoil sport, "why, you won't sew on it" , well duh on him, yes I will sew on it and even if I don't, I deserve to have one.  Right ladies and gents?  Of course I am.  I just got around to my puter and found the first clue and will be sewing on that Pfaff tomorrow for sure.  I do love my old Pfaff.  Question, are y'all mixing up your squares or are you being all prissy (like I have been thinking on these) and making it all kind'a match up some.  LMK  and thanks

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,172
Points 45,040
ls2116 replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:29 PM

good for you . its great sewing on the relics.  you don't need fancy stitches for quilting.  What kind of pffaff did/ do you have ?  as for mq6 i was thinking of same color squares with the different tones like the paint cards you get when your going to paint .

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:30 PM

Wow Traci,

That is going to be a great looking quilt. I really like those colors.

Linda

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:34 PM

I am doing random light to dark. I think I have control issues LOL. I was thinking just random but then decided to be a little more controled. I am trying to make sure I mix them up so I am pretty sure no four patch will have the same fabrics. So far I am very pleased with the results. I will take pictures later so all can see. I love seeing pictures of everyones fabrics and would love to see some of your blocks.

Linda

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:08 PM

Sheri A.:
I completely agree with you MNcarol!  I shop JoAnn's for notions, threads, rulers, etc.

I took a class from Beth Ferrier one time.  She did not discourage us from visiting Joann's, but she said to be sure to take the money you save there, especially the coupon savings, and spend those at your local quilt shop.  Win, win for everyone! 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 48 of 214 (3208 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.