Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 43 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:20 PM

bernyd:

I am excited because the fabric requirments our easy. I get to confused when patteren requires a lot of different fabrics. I need to see the patteren to pick colors. This is easy. Bring it on

Good attitude!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:08 AM

Jeanine, the fabric requirements and cutting directions are easy .   Unfortunately, you are not going to see the pattern ahead of time so just pick some fabric that you like.  Remember, this is a mystery to be unravelled as we go along the journey.  If you look at all the pictures posted of what people are using, it's a real variety!  It will be fun to see how they all end up looking.  I'm ready!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:16 AM

Maggie Nae & Debbie,

You commented that JoAnn's has a fabric sale currently going on, but I would encourage you and everyone to go to your local quilt shop and support them... the little guy, rather than the "big box" company.  Also, the fabric isn't of the same quality.  Quilt shop fabric, generally speaking, is better quality, more threads per inch, etc.  Not to nock JoAnns, and I've done my share of shopping there over the years, but I've quit buying fabric there for my quilts.  If I put all the time and effort in to making a quilt, I want it to be from fabric that will last.  That's just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:18 AM

You never pre-wash a jelly roll Linda.  It would ravel and tangle and you'd have a huge mess. If you are afraid of the fabric bleeding, use a color catcher in the wash and use cold water.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:21 AM

Hi Betty,

I think your are in good company!  Most people have UFOs; me included... too many.  But this just sounded like too much fun so why not have another one going.  I'm trying to get caught up on 2 BOM clubs before Friday so I can feel less stressed when this starts!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:22 AM

Sorry, I was replying to Beth and I said Betty.  It's late, what can I say.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:24 AM

I'll ditto that Betty!  It's a requirement to have UFOs and who's counting how many!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:26 AM

didash... your quilt is lovely.  Nice color choices.  Good job on your first quilt.  I'm sure there will be many more to come.  No, you are not crazy for trying a Mystery Quilt.!  It should be lots of fun.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:29 AM

Hey yayaquilts (Karen from sunny Southern California)... I'm with you... crazy but excited to get started and I too have many UFOs.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:37 AM

Hi Kristie,

Nice bright colors!  It should be a fun quilt when completed.  Looking at the fabrics you have, I would go with a tan solid or tan with soft print so your colors stand out.  I'm thinking the color of the monkey's face or a bit lighter.  Good luck!

I had a yellow with small purple flowers picked out for my background and then when all the discussion came out about 2 yards not being enough, I was so glad that I hadn't cut the 4-1/2" squares out yet because I would have been short.  I found another fabric in my stash that I had enough of and got to cutting  them out.  I'm all set to go on Friday and looking forward to unleashing the pattern. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:41 AM

Sharon, I like your colors... both of them.  The "Spin" will be bold and bright and the "Bittersweet" is a very nice line.  I was so tempted to purchase it but I have soooo much in my stash that I decided to go there to pick fabrics.  Looking forward to seeing your quilt(s) go together.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:48 AM

I love your color choice Pearl.  It will make a bright and bold statement!  How fun.  Can't wait to see it all together.  The anticipation is helping me get some UFO's done before Friday so I'm not so stressed out.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,030
Points 19,830

Anita - Welcome!! A jelly roll is 40 -42 strips of fabric cut 2 1/2" by the width of the fabric (44-45").  Usually, the manufacturer includes on strip of each fabric in a collection so that all of them cooridinate.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 393
Points 4,935
Kristie replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 7:55 AM

Ashley, Judy and MNCarol,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm going to take a small sample of the squares and audition them with your suggested colors(unfortunately, I don't have stash in the right colors- yikes, more fabric shopping :) )

A lot of these fabrics are remnants from a peekaboo quilt my mom and I made for my son when he was just born (he's two now, so time to use of the scraps!).  It'll  probably end up being a family room throw.

Thanks for your help.  I'll let you know what I decide. :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 205
Jan replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 8:10 AM

I'm going to use the Moda Sassy line for this quilt - can't wait to see what it will look like!

Jan

Page 43 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use