Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 42 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 5:15 PM

Jeanine:

Do you want me to send you a scrap pattern that uses 4 1/2" squares? Lol

Ha Ha!!  Do you have a good one??

MaggieNae:

I had to go back and check the instructions after your post.  Had to read your post again to understand what happened.  It may be a busier quilt, but couldn't you use the squares you've already cut for the background?

I have a feeling the design would disappear.  I'm sure I've got something that will work.  Sure wish I'd caught my goof before the shop hop last weekend just in case I have to BUY fabric for the background ! 

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 5:20 PM

DEBBIE, check Joann's.  They've got a really good sale going on right now.  Check the flyer if you have one.  There are different sales for different dates in the same one.  The RED TAG sale is worth looking at.  All discounted fabric is another 50% off, then if you have the 20% coupon, you get that too. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 5:26 PM

Karen, aka yayaquilts:

Anyone else as crazy as me?!?!

Add me to the list.  There are just too many projects and not enough time but I just keep starting new ones!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 5:29 PM

I have a question. It's kind of late now because I have already cut all me 2 1/2 " squares. But did any of you wash your Jelly-roll fabric? I did not because I was afraid of the loss do to fraying. I don't think I have ever made a quilt without washing everything first. Will this make a difference in the end product do you think or are fabric manufactuers doing a better job with shrinkage and color bleed? Since I did not wash the jeely-roll I did not wash any of it. Will this me okay do you think?

Thanks, Linda

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Thinking back to the Bittersweet fabric collection-they used a very light background.  The quilt is no mystery to the designer so I'd think about following a similar plan.

What about a very light blue, light green or light yellow? Do you know what color room where it will be used?  That might help you decide.
Love the fabrics you have--I love animal fabrics.  Are you making a quilt for a child? 

Can't wait to see your quilt completed!!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Hi Linda,

Good thing you didn't wash the jelly roll!  I think you would have ended up with a washing machine full of knotted fabric!  If you are worried about colors running, I've had great success with the color catcher sheets you can put in the washing machine.  They really do work!  

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315

I'm using the Bittersweet and was finally able to get everything cut today.  Now to wait until Friday!!

Yes, I am "crazy" I currently have way too many BOM's, UFO's and misc. other projects on my table!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Points 2,370

Karen, aka yayaquilts:

I'm looking forward to April 20th!! I'm excited about this new mystery, but I must be a bit crazy, since I shouldn't be starting another project, with so many UFO's in my sewing room. Anyone else as crazy as me?!?!

Believe me you have plenty of company!  I have lost count of my ufo's.I think that is one of the requirements of being a quilter...isn't it? If you have the bug...enjoy it, think of all the trouble it keeps you out of..     Betty.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
bernyd replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 8:37 PM

I am excited because the fabric requirments our easy. I get to confused when patteren requires a lot of different fabrics. I need to see the patteren to pick colors. This is easy. Bring it on

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 190

Agnes:

Lee Behnke:
Go to the Bittersweet Fabric Requirements and Cutting Instructions page,

Okay, where do I find this heading? I'm obviously missing something.

Agnes,

On the page titled  "Bittersweet Fabric Requirements and Cutting Instructions: Revised Please See!" , scroll down to MYSTERY QUILT VI with a blue line underneath (about halfway down the page.)  Click on that MYSTERY QUILT VI and you'll be directed to open the Acrobat file, which you can print.

Hope this helps -- it sounds confusing, but it's really easy to do.

Lee Behnke

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 630

Hi everyone! My name is Anita, I live in Calgary AB, Canada and have only recently been introduced to quilting even though I have been sewing for over 45 years.  I have only done just a few projects so far but I am already hooked.  I find quilting the perfect medium to express that creative side of me. I look forward speaking to my fellow members and extend a warm hello to you all. I would like to attempt this mystery quilt that has just begun, however I know that I will need some help, for instance, would someone please inform the newbe what a jelly roll is? Also, what it's yardage equivalent is. Thanks so much.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:08 PM

I guess it's time for me to step out of my comfort zone again...since I'm going to try this Mystery Quilt thing.  Attached is a photo of my first quilt ever...I named it "Sailing Memories" because each block between the sailboats has a motif quilted that relates to experiences we had as we started our sailing life.  With this being my first and only quilt, am I crazy for trying a Mystery Quilt?????

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:18 PM

You are ready for the mystery quilt.  One step at a time.  The only thing difficult with a MQ is not knowing what is coming.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:19 PM

Welcome, Anita.  You will fit right in with this group.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:20 PM

bernyd:

I am excited because the fabric requirments our easy. I get to confused when patteren requires a lot of different fabrics. I need to see the patteren to pick colors. This is easy. Bring it on

Good attitude!

Page 42 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use