Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 38 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 209
Points 4,375
Debi replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 7:34 PM

I decided if I was going to do this one, I needed to finish mystery quilt 5...I did, so I can!!!!!  I just posted pics in media of my cut out fabrics and will go to mq5 and post pics of the finished quilt there.  I will miss the step next Friday as I will be visiting grandchildren in Colorado.  I will catch up though. I hope to stay caught up as I have lots of irons in the fire right now and have to stay on top of each project.  I really look forward to the QCA mystery quilts.  I have done the last three... keep them coming   :D

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 209
Points 4,375
Debi replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 7:51 PM

Also, thought I was going nuts trying to figure out how I was going to do the background. I only bought two yards as I didn't know there was an update and didn't do the calculations until I got home and realized that I didn't have enough...that's when I decided to use black instead of purple. I will use the purple as the border fabric.  Glad to know I am not nuts!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 86
Points 1,885
Maia replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:36 PM

I didn't get a chance to participate in MQ5, so I'm excited about having time to do this one.  I got my fabric (all batiks) cut this week.  Can't wait to see how everyone's turn out, the fabric varieties are really great.

Maia

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 1:06 PM

Haven't done a mystery quilt with Quilters Club before......but this looks like to much fun to miss!!  Have a "Butterfly Fling" Jellyroll that has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years......sounds like just the project to use it up!! 

Barb

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,005
Jackie replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 1:40 PM

Hi Barb,

Please post a picture of your fabrics!  That sounds like a nice Jelly Roll.  I don't recall seeing that one.

Jackie- Michigan ;)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,005
Jackie replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 1:46 PM

I have a group of Ten doing this Mystery Quilt! There are lots of interesting and exciting fabric being used by my group as well as the group here.  I will post all of my groups finished quilt tops!

Ready for step one!!!  Come on 4/20!!!1

Jackie - Michigan ;)

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 615
BarbS replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 3:17 PM

Haven't done any cutting yet.....just finishing off the borders on another quilt before starting this one!!

Here is the picture of the jellyroll I have ( also have the Layer Cake)....will have to find a use for that soon.....OR maybe a pieced border for this one???? 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Points 2,665

Barb, your fabric is so Spring!  I like your idea of using the layer cake in the border.  It will be a fun quilt.

They sent my extra background  fabric on Monday and I am still waiting . It didn't come today so that means next week.Mail is getting slower and slower!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Whew!  I feel better now that I see that the yardage for the background has been increased to 2.5 yards.  I'd thought there was something about my batik fabric that resulted in my coming up 16 squares sort.  I'd found the fabric in a shop that's a bit of a hike from home, and I've never seen anything like it.  I got on the phone and the helpful lady in the shop remembered that they had sold the rest of the bolt (!!) but did have a couple of remnants.  Saved! The fabric arrived in the mail this week and today I cut the missing blocks. 

So now I am happily looking forward getting the first sewing instructions.

Judy

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,800
Points 67,535
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 9:15 PM

Barb. great looking fabric. It will make a great quilt. Have fun cutting.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 9:24 PM

Barb, love you fabric so cheery and Springy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 1,010

Why does waiting for clues for mystery quilts always seem like waiting for Christmas morning..lol Im feeling like such a kid. Eager to see how all the fabric choices come together. :) :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 10:09 AM

Barb, I like your fabric choice, can't wait to see it come together.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 3:00 PM

There have been so many beautiful combinations posted here - it will be fun to follow along and see how they each one comes out so differently - especially with the ones who are using the same fabric line.

I thoroughly enjoyed MQ5 and had started to pull fabrics for MQ6 - after wrestling with my conscience for about 2 weeks, I put the fabrics away and will just print off the steps and maybe do it later.

I am working on a Log Cabin quilt (another UFO) and then need to get a photo graduation quilt done by June 17th, which is a red and purple color theme request!  Yikes! I then need to start on two baby quilts and receiving blankets for a new GGB due in Sept.  I am doing good to keep up with the Craftsy blocks.  Also need to be figuring out what to do for the NCW Retreat.

You all enjoy and I will be rooting from the sidelines.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
Betsy7037 replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 5:26 PM

OK, so I am trying to find "Bittersweet".  I would like to shop locally.  So far, no one knows what I'm talking about, so have looked at the kits...what does the border fabric look like?  The kit pictured on Missouri Star quilts shows the jelly roll, what appears to be a brown/floral print and something very light...which is the border and which is the background?

Thanks, Betsy

• | Post Points: 50
Page 38 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use