Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 31 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 1,240
diane replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 9:11 AM

Me, too, but in the Jersey side!

Chews Landing, NJ

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
SarahG911 replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 12:13 PM

Hello to you all!  Again, we apologize for the shortage in the instructions!!  You all have been so sweet and understanding!!  THANK YOU!  Make sure you let us know if you need the extra background fabric, if you got a kit early.  We are making sure there is plenty in the kits now! 

I can't wait to see how your quilts all turn out!  This is such a fun MQ, and we are SOOOO happy to be a part of it!!

Hope you have a great weekend!  Hopefully you'll get some cutting and sewing done!!

~Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 1:17 PM

Mimi:
I think Sandy is now recommending 2.25 yards for background. 

If you can get 9 squares per strip, that would work. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 2:19 PM

Jeanine:
If you can get 9 squares per strip, that would work. 

Oh I hope you can do that with your fabric. I guess I was lucky that I could get 9 from one strip.   I started to cut my 4.5 inch fabric strips at the selvage side and then opened up the last piece to cut the ninth 4.5 square.  I even had about a 1.5 x 4.5 piece left over from each strip.  I guess if I was going to buy fabric I would always get a little extra and 2 1/3 would be a little extra.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,385
Renee replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 4:11 PM

Hi Karen,

I live in Philadelphia.

Where part of Pennsylvania do you live in?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 4:15 PM

KarenRN:

P.S.  Is there anyone here from Pennsylvania? 

Hi Karen - I live in Pittsburgh:).

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 75

I am thinking of trying this. I have enough fabric. maybe i will give it a try.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Cutting all done here are my colors

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 2,645

Yeah!!! I received my Bittersweet fabric today. I had to e-mail them about the 1/4 yard of background fabric as it was too late to call and with Easter weekend. At least they will get the message whenever they are there.  At least I can get started. There are going to be a lot of beautiful quilts at the end of this. I don't have to post pictures for awhile as there are others with the same fabric.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 150

I received my fabric for the Mystery Quilt and it is beautiful.  I can hardly wait to see how this is going to come together

Janet Scott

Not Ranked
Posts 56
Points 820
MTAnn replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 11:08 AM

Hi Betty.t -  I received my kit on Apr 5 and just called MSQ - they were so nice and said they'd get my extra fabric in the mail today!!!  Now that's service...

Happy Easter!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 2,645

Hi MTAnn, yes, I was unfortunate in not receiving my kit till late on the 6th and it was too late to call. I can get started cutting anyway and I have the quilt I am hand quilting to work on not to mention a large stack of ufo's.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 275
KarenRN replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 1:24 AM

Yay Diane, Renee, Zsofia and Mimi, so glad to see other Pennsylvania quilters on here!!!  I have been diligently cutting in my spare time.  I have all of the 4.5" squares cut and half of the 2.5" squares done.  Hopefully I can get the rest of them finished up tomorrow, at least that's the plan right now.  lol, Who knows what tomorrow will be like.  :)

Happy Easter everyone!!! 

Karen in PA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 9:20 AM

One of my choices of fabric is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  I can't wait.  I'm hoping to make it a batik so I ordered a balipop...now that I don't already have enough batiks to make it, but the balipop was on sale and I like the colors (at least the picture of it), so we'll see.  If not, I do have a lot of other batiks and jelly rolls I can use.  I hope to get all of the pieces cut this week, since the grandsons will be with their father in California, at least that's the plan if the deadbeat can find a way up here to get them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

SarahG911:

Hello to you all!  Again, we apologize for the shortage in the instructions!!  You all have been so sweet and understanding!!  THANK YOU!  Make sure you let us know if you need the extra background fabric, if you got a kit early.  We are making sure there is plenty in the kits now! 

I can't wait to see how your quilts all turn out!  This is such a fun MQ, and we are SOOOO happy to be a part of it!!

Hope you have a great weekend!  Hopefully you'll get some cutting and sewing done!!

~Sarah

Thank you Sarah. Wonderful of you to post. We have plenty of time to get everything together before the instructions for the second posting of instructions. And appreciate the Mystery Quilt and MSQC working so hard to make sure things go right. Big fan . : )

Page 31 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use