Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 30 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 2,830

Thanks, Stephanie!  I wanted to try something outside "my comfort box" and typically my background selections tend to be creams or whites.  I thought the aqua would give it a totally different look and it makes me feel a little dangerous!!  That's what I enjoy most about these MQ's, it gives me the chance to make fabric selections that I wouldn't make otherwise.  Seeing it grow week to week is exciting. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 11:37 AM

MNnancy:

Jeanine, I wish...

#1 - I was as brave as you in going totally scrappy!

#2 - I had containers full of 2.5 inch scraps!

I think your quilt is going to be great!

#1 - what is the worst that could happen?  There are times in life where you need to be brave, but making a quilt is not one of them.  It is just fabric and in this case just scrap.

#2- 16 years of running a quilt ministry gives lots of opportunity to collect a wide variety of scrap!  I almost have no choice but to make scrap quilts whenever I can and there is still no dent in my stash!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 12:40 PM

I am glad to see we are doing another jelly roll mystery quilt.  After we did the last one using a jelly roll I have made two more and am currently working on another one.  I love them.  It is so fun to see what you can do with them.  I am having my granddaughter pick one up for me so it will be fun for me to see what she brings when they come for Easter.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 439
Points 6,810

Well, today I received my extra material for my background, and now I am totally ready for April 20. I even ended up with two extra squares. MSQC sent me my fabric extra quick. They were great handling the situation of shortage on background material.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Pat Badder:
MSQC sent me my fabric extra quick. They were great handling the situation of shortage on background material.

That's great Pat. I bet they about had a heart attack when they realized the mistake in putting the kit together. Glad to hear it all worked out.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 9:55 PM

I am so siked about this, this is going to be my first one and can't wait to get started. I ordered my fabric from Missouri Star, and am thinking about doing a scrappy one as well, if I can keep up...LOL....I was so happy to hear that Missouri Star is sponsoring this, I just love their shop, they are fantastic and their customer service is awesome....Here's hoping to meet new quilters, like me, and to enjoy some time quilting....Happy Easter everyone.....

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:13 PM

Carol

Well, I am not actually in Lake Havasu City although I have been there. I live in the Valley near Phx- we have lots of great quilt shops here also. : )

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:22 PM

Grandma Annie:
This is my first time posting

Grandma Annie

Welcome. So you know our Nancy! She is a good one for getting you to go for things, I know that first hand! LOL  I think I am here becuz she said, are you gonna do mystery quilt or becuz her last mystery quilt was so gorgeous and she inspired us all!

I am so glad you came out of lurking- you gotta join in the fun! Its so much fun here! You will have a blast.

Now I am gonna be so behind on mystery quilt since I am going to VA Beach- but what else is new!

So glad you are with us!

Marlene

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:25 PM

Hi everyone

I just got my fabric from Missouri Star. I called them about the shortage - thanks to a quick alert from Sherri A. and they are going to send me the extra fabric right away. They were great.

Now if someone would cut for me while I am at Va Beach Retreat. LOL

You all have fun. Your fabrics are all beautiful! Your quilts will be gorgeous. Oh. the mystery of it all.

Hugs to all!

Marlene

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:46 PM

I got my background squares cut.  I am keeping up so far!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:52 PM

So are the fabric requirements on the mq6 instructions need to be changed for the background fabric, right?  I was trying to figure out why I needed more than two yards to get 160 squares.  I think it is more like 2 1/3 yards.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,337
Points 38,865
Mimi replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:47 AM

Jeanine:
 I think it is more like 2 1/3 yards.

I used 2 1/4 yards for my background and cut 163 squares and had about 1 1/2 inch strip left over.  I think Sandy is now recommending 2.25 yards for background.  Hope this helps.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 275
KarenRN replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:55 AM

I have been diligently cutting strips and then squares, in my spare time for the past 2 days, and hopefully will finish up all 620 of those little 2.5" squares before I have to go to work tonight!  (Fingers crossed).  Since I absolutely fell in love with the Bittersweet line when I first saw it, I couldn't wait to use this fabric for something!!  After seeing everyone pics of cut fabrics, I will try to post a pic of mine.  I am so excited. This is my first mystery quilt and I can't wait!!  April 20th is going to take forever to get here! 

P.S. I'm fairly new to quilting, this is my 3rd quilt, although I've made numerous other small projects (table runners/wall hangings). So glad to see other newbies on here too, we can support each other.

Karen in PA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 275
KarenRN replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:55 AM

P.S.  Is there anyone here from Pennsylvania? 

Karen in PA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,337
Points 38,865
Mimi replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 8:36 AM

KarenRN:
P.S.  Is there anyone here from Pennsylvania? 

Hey Karen, I live near Philly.

Page 30 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use