Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 29 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 2,830

Glad I read everyone's posts regarding yardage of background fabric!  Thank you.  I usually get a little extra yardage just to be safe and because I know how easily I get distracted when cutting....yes, it happens!  I used a Bali Pop (batiks) for my 2.5" squares called "Key Lime".  The lighter aqua squares on the left is my background fabric and the darker fabric on the right will be my border fabric (and I may add an additional smaller border as well out of the lime green color).  Really looking forward to the first assembly instructions.  Getting all my other little projects out of the way before April 20th!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 9:50 PM

Carolyn - Bonney Lake, WA:
Getting all my other little projects out of the way before April 20th!

What lovely batiks, Carolyn.  It's going to be very calming.  Love it, love it, love it!  I can't wait until the 20th either.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

I checked out the Benatex website and they have a lot of bittersweet fabric, and some is in flannel. I am thinking maybe once top is finished I may check them out to buy my binding and backing for materials for my MQ6 quilt. I will also check out MSQC site at their bittersweet fabrics too. I can hardly wait for April 20 and actually get started on quilt. In the meantime I'm working on a crazy quilt block for a pillow. My first try at crazy quilting. I picked the month of February and picked out purple material, and my theme is things that I'm involved in now also things that I did throughout my life. I am really happy with the results so far. Each block will represent different phases of things I did or am doing now.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 10:39 PM

Here is a sampling of my blocks...I didn't want to lay out all the squares.  I may end up using some twice because they are so cute!  You can't see my background fabric very well but it is a white with white dots on it. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Love your fabrics Jeanine. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Carolyn,

Your batilks are going to make a beautiful quilt. Love the pale aqua as a background color.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,915
Kristie replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 8:39 AM

Jeanine-  I like your variety!  Very cute and scrappy!  What are you planning to use for border fabric?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 9:11 AM

You can really tell I'm a newbie.   I thought MSQC was going to sell the Quilt kits for this MQ already cut.  Not just offer the jelly roll, background and border fabric.

I wouldn't have purchased the kit if I had known I had to cut it.  LOL!  I have plenty of jelly rolls and fabric in my stash to choose from.  I don't think there is anything I dislike the most - besides binding - than cutting out a buzillion 2-1/2" squares.  I just sold a quilt kit that I put together that had over 1000 - 2 1/2" squares.

Okay, sorry to rant.  This MQ should be lots of fun.  I really enjoyed MQ5 last year and getting to see all the beautiful quilts that everyone made.

My kit from MSQC should be in today or tomorrow, so Sandy, I will probably have to call and get the additional 1/4 yard right?   Thanks for keeping us up to date.

I love Jenny Doan and MSQC.  These fabrics are so pretty.  I can't wait to get started!  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620

Okay got my 2-1/2" square done, I am going to use a white on white for the background. 

Sue

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:12 AM

Kristie:

Jeanine-  I like your variety!  Very cute and scrappy!  What are you planning to use for border fabric?

Probably a tone on tone black or dark gray.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:54 AM

Mimi, I love your fabrics!  This will be such a fun, colorful quilt!  Your background fabric will set off your blocks, nicely.  Are you auditioning two border fabrics pictured in the back?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:56 AM

Jeanine, I wish...

#1 - I was as brave as you in going totally scrappy!

#2 - I had containers full of 2.5 inch scraps!

I think your quilt is going to be great!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 11:01 AM

MNnancy:
 Are you auditioning two border fabrics pictured in the back?

Thanks Nancy for your great encouragement.  I was thinking of doing two borders or a pieced border with a "Twist" layer cake I have. What do you think?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 11:03 AM

Jeanine:
Here is a sampling of my blocks

I absolutely think this is going to be a wonderful quilt.  Such great diversity with all your fabrics.  Can't wait to see how it all goes together.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 11:06 AM

MNnancy:

Jeanine, I wish...

#1 - I was as brave as you in going totally scrappy!

#2 - I had containers full of 2.5 inch scraps!

I think your quilt is going to be great!

I agree with Nancy--I don't have containers of squares.  But I do have a group of dear quilting friends that do and have generously shared their 2.5" blue squares with me.  Mine is going to be scrappy, but all shades of blue.  I have a really cool background fabric that I picked.  At least so far, it looks great with the other squares.  No clue on the border fabric yet.  I haven't bought it yet.  I thought I would wait until I see the rest of the top, or at least a portion of it to see what it calls for.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 29 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use