Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 28 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,414
Points 40,215
Mimi replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 2:55 PM

Welcome Grandma Annie!  We are so glad you have joined us.  MNnancy is a great enabler isn't she?? LOL  I know you will learn lots and have much fun.  Welcome!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 3:45 PM

Welcome Grandma Annie.  Glad you came out of hiding and joined the MQ6 group.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 3:55 PM

Hi Sandy, I would love to do this. How do I sign up for it?

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 3:59 PM

Grandma Annie

I am glad that Nancy finally lured you out into the open.   Please drop in and chat frequently.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 5:53 PM

Hope you're enjoying Lake Havasu City Marlene.  I spent 2 weeks there in February and found 2 great quilt shops.  I even took a class at JonAli.  Material Obsession is a very nice and active shop too.  Lots of really nice people!  I could easily move there in the winter months.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 5:56 PM

Grandma Annie... it's so nice that you came out of hiding!  Enough "lurking" and on with the show.  You and I are in the same boat... MNnancy's friend and our 1st mystery quilt.  We should compare notes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Sharon:

Hi Sandy, I would love to do this. How do I sign up for it?

Hi Sharon,

Consider yourself signed up! 

There is no formal sign-up sheet.  Just jump in and start cutting squares and chatting with all the other MQer's.  You will find the instructions by clicking on the big yellow/orange patchwork question mark on the left side of your home page.  You will also want to go to the MQ6 Group and join the group so you don't miss out on anything going on over there.

Welcome!

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

MSQ contacted me today to let me know they are adding additional background fabric to the kits. If you have already received your kit and need more background fabric, just call or e-mail them and they will send you more. They are really excited about being a part of this MQ and want to be sure we have a fun experience.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 8:31 PM

Grandma Annie, Randy says HI!  (they worked together before retirement)  
So you've selected your fabric?  Do we get to see a picture of it?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

Grandma Annie:

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting--MNnancy lured me out of hiding. I am one of the two MN friends she refers to in her posting above. She's right that I've been "lurking around this MQ site." It's fun to read the postings and see all of the beautiful qullts you create--what talent! This will be my first mystery quilt--should be fun! Now . . . on to cutting squares, and more squares, . . .

Welcome Grandma Annie!  The more the merrier!  I have a couple of friends that are interested in learning to quilt , one of which I am helping make her first quilt, the other is busy crocheting baby blankets . I'm working on getting them hooked . And as they say...its all down hill from there.  In the meantime I am waiting...... for my fabric.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 145

Hi to Randy too! Yes, I picked my fabric today--a Bali Pop (Cotton Candy) from my stash and a beautiful cranberry batik for the background. I would post a picture, but haven't figured out how to do that yet. I guess it will have to remain a mystery for a bit!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 8:54 PM

Ann, as you are typing a message, look above to the tool bar and find the green "filmstrip" looking thing (red arrow points to it in picture below).  Click on that and then follow the path to where your picture is on your computer.  If your camera takes large high resolution pictures, you might have to resize them for the web before posting.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 8:59 PM

Hi Grandma Annie,

My name is Annie, too and I'm also a grandma of 2 boys. 

Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,414
Points 40,215
Mimi replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 9:10 PM

Hi to everyone!  I wanted to share my fabrics now that they are all cut.  I guess April 20 can't come soon enough.  Lots of great fabric choices out there.  This is my first jelly roll quilt...yes I know.  They've been available for quite a while and I have quite a few j.r.'s but I loved the way MNnancy's MQ5 came out.  So I decided to give it a try.  This group is called Twist by Me and My Sister for Moda.  What do you think?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,414
Points 40,215
Mimi replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 9:15 PM

Sandy,

I purchased 2.25 yds. for my background and had three 4.5 squares left over.  I'm glad everyone will be getting that extra quarter yard. It was fortunate others had already discovered the need and I was hoping everything would work out for the best. Thanks for being such a great moderator!

Page 28 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use