Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 27 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Pat Badder:

Help Sandy,

I received my kit today from Missouri Star Quilt Co. Just got through cutting my background 41/2' x 4 1/2' squares and  I only was able to get 144 squares cut with the background material that they sent me with the kit which was 2 yards. What do I do now? I am 16 squares short of the needed amount for MQ6.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

Pat,

Give MSQ a call or an e-mail.  I'm sure they will send you what you need to get the rest of your squares cut.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Donna:

How many strips are in a jelly roll (how many are needed for the MQ6 project?  Is it 20 strips or 40?  I see you can purchase both, but not sure if 20 is enough to make the amount of 2-1/2" squares needed.  Thanks.  I have never purchased Jelly Rolls before. 

Donna, you will need 40 WOF strips.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Delete

Oops!  Duplicate Post.

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 255
Serina replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 7:03 PM

Marlene,

Thank you for the tips! I am in Lake Havasu City this week, so not close to Phoenix, unfortunately! I fly in and out of Vegas since it is the closest airport! I will keep it in mind, though, in case I am ever in Phoenix!

Serina

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Mary789:

I just ordered fabric from Missouri Q Comp.  I don't expect to start on time with everyone else.   This is fine with me, as I am now finishing sewing on binding to a quilt I am finishing.  I did join the MQ 6 group, will I have access to the instructions even though I may not begin the project on time as a quilt along?  How long will the instructions be posted?

Mary, the instructions stay up for months and can be found in the Mystery Quilt Blog under Community Fun in the menu on the left side of your home page.  They can also be printed.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 9:18 PM

Wendy, I think your combination of fabrics is going to make a really lovely quilt!  Such nice summer colors!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 525

I just received my quilt kit from the Missouri Star Quilt Company today! I am in love!! I am a newbie at quilting and have never done a Mystery Quilt before, so I am a little scared!!!  I love reading all of your comments and know I will get lots of help if I need it (so don't be surprised if I do!) I think I am going to mop my head and start cutting the fabric! Wish me luck! :)

Cathy From California

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:15 PM

Marge P:
 Did you cut about the same number of squares from each color?

Marge P, 

It was a jelly roll with only 30 strips in it. I bought a pack of 6" squares of the same line of fabric to make up the difference.  I am not a scrappy person. That goes outside of the box for me. all the fabrics are from the same line.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

So, I've not down a mystery quilt before.  Does the information stay on this forum for the next year?  Or should I copy the instructions in case I don't keep up with the group?  I'm still trying to decide if I think I can handle dealing with so many tiny squares while I have other projects to work on.

caverjanice

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 275
KarenRN replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:18 PM

MN Nancy,

MSQC has a wonderful forum with the nicest folks that you will ever meet.  They are great resources for answering questions, providing encouragement and of course, lots of ooh's and aah's whenever project pics are posted.  I go there on a daily basis and am a look forward to seeing what's up with all of them on that forum. I can't say enough good about that forum.

The Daily Deal is posted on the website around midnight.  If you sign up for their emails, you get the DD emailed to you plus there are extra weekly specials that are included in the email that are not posted with the online DD.  The DD is a great thing and at there are times when the DD is so great, that it sells out fast!  They $5 flat shipping fees also.  I highly recommend this forum and website.  Plus their tutorials are awesome.  :) 

Karen in PA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 275
KarenRN replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:25 PM

2 questions: :)

1.  I am getting tons of email replies from the "Are you ready for MQ6".  How in the world do I turn those off, I don't even know how they got turned on!  lol

2.  How do I post a new thread? I always have to click the "Reply" to post on here. 

Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help and am super, super excited about the MQ6.  I LOVE the Bittersweet line of fabrics!! 

Karen in PA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 8:57 AM

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking forward to our mystery quilt.  I'm thinking of using this as an opportunity for a scrapbuster-  time to get the scraps of fabric under control!  628 squares!!  Wow. 

Happy stitching everyone!

Kristie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 9:46 AM

KarenRN, I can't remember how to start a new thread - I bet someone else can answer that quickly. 

If you want to stop receiving all the posts on a thread, get into that thread & go up to the top.  See the name of the thread? Now look for the gray bar just below that and go to the right side of the gray bar - you should see something like "stop emailing me replies" - click on that & you should stop getting all the posts to that thread in your email.  If you want to get the replies in your email. click on "email me when someone replies."  You can do this for any thread on QCA.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 1:23 PM

Eileen:
KarenRN, I can't remember how to start a new thread - I bet someone else can answer that quickly. 

I go to View All Forum Posts on the right, under the ones listed as most recent.  When the topics come up, click on the topic of the thread you want to start and you will get an option to post a new thread.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 145

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting--MNnancy lured me out of hiding. I am one of the two MN friends she refers to in her posting above. She's right that I've been "lurking around this MQ site." It's fun to read the postings and see all of the beautiful qullts you create--what talent! This will be my first mystery quilt--should be fun! Now . . . on to cutting squares, and more squares, . . .

• | Post Points: 110
Page 27 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use