Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 26 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 570
Donna replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 9:40 AM

THANK YOU Margaret T!  I appreciate it.  I thought 40 but wanted to be positive before cutting! 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:08 AM

Wendy :

ok,

Here is my choice in fabric.  The checkard will be the back, the strip is the binding, and the floral is  the border.

The solid green is the background.

Wendy--I love the stripe!  It's going to be a pretty quilt, regardless of the pattern :)

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:54 AM

Wendy,

All your fabric colors look fantastic together!  I can't wait to see how it comes out.  I still haven't cut anything out, but I did purchase my background fabric yesterday.  Will post pictures soon.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 2:26 PM

I just ordered fabric from Missouri Q Comp.  I don't expect to start on time with everyone else.   This is fine with me, as I am now finishing sewing on binding to a quilt I am finishing.  I did join the MQ 6 group, will I have access to the instructions even though I may not begin the project on time as a quilt along?  How long will the instructions be posted?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620

Love the colors! Can't wait to see it.

Sue

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Love all the florals you guys are using.  I decided to think my stash.  I found that I had enough left over from the fat quarters I used for mq5 so the two quilts will have the same colour scheme.  My DS saw me cutting and wants the quilt but wants the background this black on black that I had in the stash so who am I to argue.  Here is what it looks like.  There are a couple of squares that I only had one or two of left over from mq5 because I cut wrong so I may change them up but for now...

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:25 PM

virginiagarren:

My first mystery quilt.  I am an avid seamstress in alterations and clothing.  Looking forward to something different and learning something new.  Tnx.  Ginny

Me too, Ginny!  I've sewn clothes and done alterations for years.  Quilting is a kinder, gentler outlet for me.  I've enjoyed it so much that it is pretty much the only time I do sit down at the sewing machine.  Except during prom and pageant season.  My best friend owns a formal wear shop and somehow, every single year she talks me into helping during her busy season.  Honestly, I'd rather quilt!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:27 PM

Stephanie:

Cindi:

Here's the batik quilt.  Excuse the cat, she believes she owns the bed. 

Cindi,

Sorry for the delay. I know I asked you to post a pic of this, and OMG! This is gorgeous! So is your 4 legged sweetheart. Still catching up to see the rest of posts to see if I miss anything......

Aww thanks Stephanie.  I'm guessing you are like me and when life takes hold, computers lose their grip! 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:38 PM

Marilyn B:

Love all the florals you guys are using.  I decided to think my stash.  I found that I had enough left over from the fat quarters I used for mq5 so the two quilts will have the same colour scheme.  My DS saw me cutting and wants the quilt but wants the background this black on black that I had in the stash so who am I to argue.  Here is what it looks like.  There are a couple of squares that I only had one or two of left over from mq5 because I cut wrong so I may change them up but for now...

Your fabrics should contrast quite nicely with your background.  A little somber for my tastes, but then I'm collecting red and black fabrics to make my son a quilt and that one will be grim.  He asked for a "Gears of War" quilt and the icon for the game is a blood red skull surrounded by a gear on black.  the husband of my local quilt shop owner said he'd have just said no! 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 25

Sandy,

I have just opened my email and found this announcement for MQVI. Although I have just finished cutting out 156 diamonds and stitching them onto 3" strips for a raffle quilt I am making, I look forward to joining the group to make my first Mystery Quilt. Although I do have several jelly rolls, I think I will use scraps from the diamond quilt to make MQVI. The Jelly Rolls look very festive displayed in my sewing room, I hesitate to take them apart and cut into them. So, on to my first of 600 + 2-1/2 inch squares.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

I just posted my fabric for MQ 6 in the media section. It is the material from the kit I purchased from Missouri Quilt Co. The fabric I think is just beautiful and i can't wait to see my finished quilt with this. All these colors are out of my color zone that I usually use for a quilt. I couldn't resist this one.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

I meant to put I purchased the kit from The Missouri Star Quilt Co.  Can't wait to see everyone elses quilts.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,680
Bonita replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:12 PM

Wendy. Love the fabrics you have chosen. Looks like spring in bloom.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,680
Bonita replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:17 PM

Marilyn, one of the squares looks like lighting, with all those pretty blues and the black it reminds me of a storm at sea,your DS will love it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

When one of my kids takes notice of something I am making (he is almost 30) I will do whatever he likes.  I so miss the days of sewing clothes and costumes but quilts are pretty fun too.

Paris, Ontario

Page 26 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use