Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 24 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 2:25 PM

MNnancy:
Well Cindi, not quite the same pose, but side by side here I can now see the difference in their markings

Great pictures of the calico kitties.  Aren't they fun to have around although your cat Cindi, seems to have a unique personality,  She just knows what is hers!

Nancy, does Pickles actually play with the mice?  Our Rastus cat is 16 1/2 and he rarely plays but he does like to bite (softly) when I move him from the chair I need to sit on and his "sewing room" chair.  He doesn't like to be disturbed I guess and always has to have the last word.  He has gotten pretty needy in his old age and has to be right next to me the majority of the time.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 3:29 PM

Marge P:
Nancy, does Pickles actually play with the mice?

Of all her mice, there is one she plays with every evening after the dog has gone to bed.  She talks to it loudly, then hurls it down the stairs, then brings it back up, repeats this at least 18 times, and then sometimes the routine ends with the mouse getting a bath in the water bowl.  We know it's the same mouse each night - it is missing one ear.

Funny animals!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 3:45 PM

That is soo funny Nancy!  Yes, they all have their own personalities, thats for sure!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

Yeah got my kit today. Looks like I'll be doing some cutting now. Material is gorgeous can't wait to see the finished quilt. I don't think I'll be doing the one with pastel colors. So I'll have 628 - 2 1/2" squares put in stash box with jelly roll strips for another time. I have another quilt material cut out that I really wanted to do so will work on that one in between steps for MQ6.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998

Cindi:

Here's the batik quilt.  Excuse the cat, she believes she owns the bed. 

Cindi,

Sorry for the delay. I know I asked you to post a pic of this, and OMG! This is gorgeous! So is your 4 legged sweetheart. Still catching up to see the rest of posts to see if I miss anything......

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 185

My first mystery quilt.  I am an avid seamstress in alterations and clothing.  Looking forward to something different and learning something new.  Tnx.  Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998

virginiagarren:
Looking forward to something different and learning something new.

Ginny,

Doing the mystery quilts have been one of the best highlights of joining this site. I hope you enjoy the process as much as we have, and that everyone here will continue to banter, encourage, and help each other like this is the first for everyone.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Donna:

I FOUND IT! LOL I found the page with the Fabric Requirements!  Just took a little searching around!  Thanks for the help.

Hi Donna.  Glad to have you with us.  Over in the MQ Group someone asked how many fat quarters it would take for the small squares.  If you were planning on using some FQ's you might want to check the group for that post.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

J_Line:
I have a question : is it easier to chose any solid colors to get a nice setting ?

Hi Line and welcome.  Using a solid or tone-on-tone background will make your blocks stand out more and I would suggest you use all the same fabric for the background.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:44 PM

Ginny

If you are anything like me once you get into quilting you won't want to sew clothing anymore....LOL>  You will have a great time with the mystery quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

Help Sandy,

I received my kit today from Missouri Star Quilt Co. Just got through cutting my background 41/2' x 4 1/2' squares and  I only was able to get 144 squares cut with the background material that they sent me with the kit which was 2 yards. What do I do now? I am 16 squares short of the needed amount for MQ6.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 174
Points 2,555

Pat, I see you got your kit, when did you order it ? I'm in CA also and that will give me an idea how long it will take so I can start looking for it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 174
Points 2,555

I agree with Nana, I too was a seamstress . I made all my 4 daughters clothes, sewed formals, wedding gowns and everything else. Not any more . Quilting is my passion now. I don't care to do anything else , even gardening has taken a back seat.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 9:37 PM

Pat B,

You may want to post your question to Sandy over in the "Group" discussion.  She looks for questions there more frequently than she checks this particular thread.  The link is HERE.  You may need to "join" the group first if you haven't already done so.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

Pat, I see you got your kit, when did you order it ? I'm in CA also and that will give me an idea how long it will take so I can start looking for it.

Betty I ordered it on March 30 and they shipped it out priority mail the next day received it today.

Page 24 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use