Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 22 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 16,680

It's never too late!  Everyone would love you to join in!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 2,170
Jeanne replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 9:20 PM

Thanks, I jumped and didn't crash so figured I was good to go.  Now all I have to do is see if I can sucker Mr. Man to cut those squares for me.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 9:33 PM

Cindi:
and she's as vicious as a wolf

Viscious, as in bites when she's playful or ornery?  The poor dog won't play with Pickles anymore because she bites Calley's eyebrows.  We don't have a second cat, so I don't know how she would relate to another one.

I'm going to have to try to get a picture of Pickles in that same pose as Hairwolf.  You won't believe it when you see it.  Even my husband had a good chuckle over your picture.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 9:44 PM

Annie:

MNCarol,  although I like the smaller print on the right, I like the colors of the other fabric on the left. I would think a smaller print that reads solid may work better as a background fabric but I tend to live more in the box. 

Carol,

Annie took the words right out of my mouth - even the box comment!  LOL  It could be the bolder background will be just fine.  You actually have a lot more experience with scrappy quilts than I do.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495
Christine replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 10:13 PM

I'm going to be somewhere in-between LOL!...I have my 628 pcs cut, and I used about 80 different fabrics...Now I have to go shopping to pick out my background.....I don't have that in stash.  By the way, it was fun to go through my fabric stash again....it's been a while!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 275
KarenRN replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 10:23 PM

Sandy, Good thinking about using the charms, I never knew that.  I will check w/MSQC tomorrow or maybe even 2 LQS and see what they have.

Thanks

Karen in PA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 10:30 PM

MNCarol

I like the fabric on the left better if we were just comparing the fabrics but to use as your background, the one on the right would offer a better contrast and may work better.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 2,830

Just joined up for my second mystery quilt - had so much fun with the first one last September and the fun is seeing the mystery unfold!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 140
Claudia replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 4:58 AM

I love your choise,these fabrics are very very beautiful!!

Claudia.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 140
Claudia replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 5:00 AM

My account is very full of e-mail!!!!We are just so many...

Claudia.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:01 AM

Welcome to the group, Claudia.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:03 AM

Jeanne:

Is it to late for me to jump on this wagon?   Hope not!

Jeanne

I hope you join the fun, Jeanne.  There's plenty of time.  The fabric requirements were just posted Friday.

This is my first MQ :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 570
Donna replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:07 AM

Do you have to purchase the fabric you note to use for the mystery quilt (6)?  It said to click on the clink for fabric directions or to purchase, but all it takes me to is the purchase of a jelly roll, which I can not afford? BUT I do have lots of fabrics of my own I could use, but there are not any directions of sizes/colors to cut (like the link leads you to believe).  Help please!  Thank you!  Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,547
Points 23,385
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:35 AM

Donna:

Do you have to purchase the fabric you note to use for the mystery quilt (6)?  It said to click on the clink for fabric directions or to purchase, but all it takes me to is the purchase of a jelly roll, which I can not afford? BUT I do have lots of fabrics of my own I could use, but there are not any directions of sizes/colors to cut (like the link leads you to believe).  Help please!  Thank you!  Donna

Donna--You don't have to purchase fabric if you have what is needed at home.  I have enough for my little squares, but I did purchase the background fabric because I didn't have enough of what I wanted to do.  I will also purchase the border fabric later because I would like to see the quilt before I decide what to use for it.  (I do that on almost all my quilts anyway.)  Same with the backing...depends on what it "tells me" it wants.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:58 AM

Hi, I would love to join this. How do I sign up?

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

Page 22 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use