Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 20 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:20 PM

Cindi:

Excuse the cat, she believes she owns the bed. 

OMG, how did Pickles get in your house???

Your cat is a dead ringer for mine!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:22 PM

Jeanine:
I plan on using 628 different fabric...

Jeanine, I didn't see a "LOL."  Were you serious???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 35

Hello Everyone-I just joined the group!

I've never never made a Mystery Quilt online with a group before, so I'm pretty excited about trying this new way to make a quilt!

I'm using a Beautiful MODA Swanky Jelly Roll that I've been saving up for the perfect occasion & I think this is it! Can't wait to get started! 

SO NICE to have a program like this! Thank You!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:32 PM

MNcarol:
So Nancy, have you got your fabrics chosen yet from your stash or are you buying new.... in Virginia Beach maybe?  I think I'll go from my stash since it's overflowing the closet!  We'll see.  I like the fabric offered by Missouri Quilt Shop.  Looking at their picture gives an idea of fabric choices and a place to start from.

Hey, Carol, glad you found your way back on here!  I have two other Minnesota friends lurking around this MQ site who should stop in and say hi, too!  I am still thinking about fabric possibilities and time committments and will make my decision by the time I am back from VB on April 22.  If I get a lot done on retreat, I will be in this for sure since I hate to miss out on the fun of these mystery quilts!

Studying the suggested fabrics is ALWAYS a good idea with a mystery quilt!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:36 PM

QuiltsRMyThing:
I'm using a Beautiful MODA Swanky Jelly Roll that I've been saving up for the perfect occasion & I think this is it!

Welcome QuiltsRMT!  I think you are going to have a lot of fun joining us on the mystery quilt.  I LOVE Moda fabrics and their jelly rolls.  I was at their website looking at options yesterday.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.  Have fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:24 PM

Karla:

Frances:

Honey my first one as well,  im using a Batik jelly roll that i have had stashed in the drawer didnt know what to use it for, now i do.

lots of love

Francesxx

I'm going to use a batik jelly roll also, I think.  I've got one batik roll and another that might work,,,oh shoot, I just might make two of them.  LOL  I can't even seem to get one quilt finished lately.

Oops sorry Karla,

I thought my jelly roll was a Batik one (when it was rolled up it looked it) have unrolled it and its not its Fabric Freedom Fire and Ice so lots of bright colours.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:51 PM

I just looked through my stash and found a collection of floral 2-1/2" strips (60 different fabrics) that I purchased a few years ago on sale and this is probably what I'll use.  This is one way to move them out.  Now I just have to pick out a background and border fabric and I'll be set!

This is my first try at a mystery quilt so we'll see what happens and if I can keep up!  Should be fun.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,406
Points 40,100
Mimi replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 3:33 PM

QuiltsRMyThing:
Hello Everyone-I just joined the group!

Welcome to our happy troop of quilters, QuiltsRMyThing!  These mystery quilts are great and Sandy is a wonderful moderator.  Can't wait to see you fabric selection.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:15 PM

I have a question about jelly rolls. I have never bought them, (just cutting my own 2.5 inch stripes) but I ones I have seen seem to have pinked edges. Do all jelly rolls have pinked edges? And is that part of the seam allowance?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:28 PM

I don't know if they all do, but I can see the reasoning behind it with all the handling a jelly roll must get in a quilt shop.

The pinked edge is indeed part of the seam allowance.   Check your measurements - I've heard that Moda jelly rolls are quite accurate at 2.5 inches, but that some of the other companies are not as reliably accurate.  Moda, by the way, is the only one who can actually label theirs as a "jelly roll."  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:30 PM

MNcarol:
found a collection of floral 2-1/2" strips (60 different fabrics)

60?  Lucky you!  Are they all coordinating or every color under the rainbow?  Do we get to see a picture?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 275
KarenRN replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:57 PM

I am so excited about this MQ, this will be my first one ever!  When I first saw the Bittersweet fabric line, I was in LOVE!   All of the colors and designs are so beautful and I  couldn't wait to make something with this line. MSQC is currently out of stock on the jellyroll, as I already have the yardages needed (remember I said that I loved this line and knew that eventually I was going to make something with it).  OMGosh, I need to find a jellyroll, and soon!!  I can't wait to get started on this!

Karen in PA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

What with Spring [ yard work, spring cleaning, etc. ] plus I am hand quilting  a quilt I specially designed and pieced for someone that asked for specific colors [greens, browns , and dark purple, I added a gold and cream to lightenen it]  I decided to  purchase the kit.And I see I am not alone. MQ 5  and many others are still waiting but from reading comments they are not alone.  I hope to catch up a little when its to hot to be outside.  Think positive.....right ! I can't resist the urge to get into more fabric. I know I'm not alone in that either. And I don't have anyone to say I can't , and do I have self control.....NOOOOOOOOOOOO. MQ6 here I come! And its good to see so many newbies , I know you will enjoy your experience. Welcome!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,035
Alicia replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:43 PM

Thanks for the fabric compliments. :) I've never done much with batik, besides collect them that is, hehe. I'm hoping it will turn out. I'm just using a basic white as background. I didn't have enough of anything else that coordinated, except a muslin, and I liked the white better against them. It should be fun anyway. :) 

Cindi- Beautiful quilt! I love that. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:49 PM

The floral strips sound gorgeous

Page 20 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use