Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 16 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 8:21 AM

Mystery quilts are a great way to push control-freak personalities into a different place.  It is good experience to just let go of your need to know what will happen and just enjoy the ride!  The finished quilt will find a home...somewhere.  It is not about the destination but the journey.  I am ready to just have fun with it and hope to keep up.  I still have a very pitiful start to the last one but I am willing to make a fresh start with this one.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 9:35 AM

Frances:

Honey my first one as well,  im using a Batik jelly roll that i have had stashed in the drawer didnt know what to use it for, now i do.

lots of love

Francesxx

I'm going to use a batik jelly roll also, I think.  I've got one batik roll and another that might work,,,oh shoot, I just might make two of them.  LOL  I can't even seem to get one quilt finished lately.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 9:40 AM

Jeanine,

Love your attitude!  Inspiring, too

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 9:51 AM

I am copying this post over from the questions section of the group.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -

sandy274:
If we are to cut 160 squares 4.5 x 4.5 inches, we need about 2.25 yards of background. I think people will come up short when they start cutting.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had to count my squares and I have exactly 160 4.5" squares cut from the fabric sent me by MSQ. I'm not disputing your math, but I did get the required number of squares from the yardage. However, I did not purchase this fabric and I did not measure it when I opened the kit, but it appeared to be two 1 yard cuts.

If you are purchasing fabric and are concerned about not having enough, I would suggest purchasing another 1/4 yard.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Has anyone run into a problem with the yardage for the background squares?

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 9:54 AM

RaNita:

Would this project work for a beginner quilter?

RaNita,

This is the perfect project for a newbie.  Very simple construction techniques.  It may take a little time just because there are a bunch of pieces to sew together, but there is nothing difficult about it. 

Please join us.  You'll do fine.

Southwest Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 10:02 AM

Jeanine:
Mystery quilts are a great way to push control-freak personalities into a different place.

My ears were burning this morning Jeanine, now I know why.

Jeanine is right. Some of us freaks have to let go. This will be my 3rd scrappy that I have made. The other two turned out just fine in the end and so will this one.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 10:10 AM

For those of you who bought the kit, and might come up a few squares short, I have most of this collection. It   is the same collection that I made my leaf quilt out of for the NW quilt retreat last year. and I would be willing to give and send  extra material if someone needs it. I have most of the collection.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 10:19 AM

Karla:

Frances:

Honey my first one as well,  im using a Batik jelly roll that i have had stashed in the drawer didnt know what to use it for, now i do.

lots of love

Francesxx

I'm going to use a batik jelly roll also, I think.  I've got one batik roll and another that might work,,,oh shoot, I just might make two of them.  LOL  I can't even seem to get one quilt finished lately.

Karla & Frances,

I'm eager to see how the batiks work up.  I was thinking of doing mine in batiks but in the end decided on the Bittersweet fabric.  I did a tote bag with Bittersweet charm squares and love the fabrics.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 10:25 AM

mars92:

Hi everyone.

I 'm Marlene. This will be my first mystery. so be gentle with me. : ) I just ordered the kit from Missouri Star and now has to wait for that.

I think I shall try and Talk Maggie into joining this also. She needs more to do>> LOL Truly she does. LOL

Hugs

Marlene

I'm glad you're in!!  Hope Maggie decides to join in, too :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,800
Points 67,535
Bonita replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 12:12 PM

This will be my 4th MQ and not a one is complete yet, all tops are done but that's as far as I've gotten. Love doing the MQ's so went to MSQ CO. and looked at their kit but decided to go for the Rooftop Gardens jelly roll and yardage for the border. I'm going to wait and see what it all looks like before I pick the background fabric. I've got a new blade in my cutter and ready to get started. Thanks Sandy for another MQ.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 12:20 PM

Karla:

Frances:

lots of love

Francesxx

Karla,

I think with this many pieces one will be enough for me.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 1:02 PM

Wendy, thanks ,I love to have a 1/4 yard . I'll send you my addy. dBarbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 65
hay.mam replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 1:18 PM

does the background fabric have to plain?

• Filed under:
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,577
Points 23,915
Susie replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 1:47 PM

Background yardage---

I bought 2.5 yards, because I still struggle with cutting straight.  And I wanted to be safe rather than come up short.

I did decide to go with a flannel that looks great with all the blues that I've found so far.  Mine is going to be scrappy, but all in blue shades.  I can't wait!

(And I'm going to take a little bit of a short-cut--my Baby Go has a 2 1/2" strip template, which will save me TONS of cutting time :)  )

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 6:43 PM

I'm going totally scrappy with this one. I had charm packs and yardage from Nancy Halverson's I Believe in Santa and Forever Spring that I am going to mix up. Her fabrics usually have the same colorways, with the exception that the sping collection is more pastel. It will be fun to see how it turns out. So far I've gotten 400 2 1/2 squares just out of the charms. 228 to go...The cutting has gone pretty fast so far. 

Page 16 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use