Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 11 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 4:45 AM

Patti:
  What in the world are we going to do with all those squares? 

Good question, Patti!   After looking at the fabrics that they are offering in the kit I think it may be a good idea to use a jelly roll for this one.  At least there will be some continuity to it instead of trying to cut that many squares from stuff from my stash.  Gotta think on that one for a bit. I have several jelly rolls to choose from.  Not sure what I am saving them for!

Looks like you are a night owl too!  I hope to finish my last 2 UFO's for this challenge tomorrow.  Finally finished the quilting tonight so will get it trimmed and bound and photographed.  Then need to just keep on working on UFO's whenever possible.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 5:06 AM

If we were just sewing the 2 1/2 inch squares together (which would equal the 4 1/2 inch square), then why not sew strips together and then cut? I have fabrics I can use for the back ground and several half to 1 yard pieces I can coordinate with the background.  I may just cut those into strips until I see what the 2nd step will be.

I am not as much a night owl as I was.  But since I woke up, thought I would check.  Now that I have something pleasant to occupy my mind, I will go back to bed.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 6:49 AM

I went ahead an ordered the kit, I liked the colors and the fabric, there will more then likely be a bunch of us that will have the same quilt ..LOL but thats ok. Our backs and borders will be different. I love Jenny Doans quilts and she really does a nice job of making them pretty simple. If you got on the Web site, did any of you read about them getting a new shop ,this time it will be on main street and not a side street ,looks like they are gonna have just  tons of room. I can't wait to see the new shop. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Barbara - This should be interesting as I ordered the kit also :)  It'll be fun to see the differences.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 110
sandy274 replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 7:25 AM

Sandy, one bit that's missing from the pattern and pictorial results is the quilting done on the finished top.  Could you include some suggestions on what quilting design would look best with the block layout?  I still have 2 unfinished flimsies of MQ #5 and am anxious to try my hand at free-motion quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 7:43 AM

Beth ,I have been thinking aobut it ever since I saw it online, I just think the fabric is so pretty.Yeah it will be intresting to see how ours will come out. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 7:54 AM

I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I read the recommendation to buy another jelly roll.  Since this is my second MQ, first being MQV, which used jelly rolls, I was a bit let down when I read that.  For all you MQers, do most of them use Jelly Rolls?  I guess that helps keep some uniformity and consistency to the quilt. But I still can't pass up the fun of anticipating what's coming next.  I won a $10 gift cert from the Feb shop hop I will use to help purchase a new jelly roll.  Done with my complaining, off to shop.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:01 AM

Annie this is my third MQ, two have been done with jelly rolls ,I think they do this because it is easier to do , there are alot of folks out there who have some difficulty with directions and this really helps so they to can take part. I think Sandy does a great job for us , and I enjoy doing these alot. BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:04 AM

Barbara,

I know,  it make sense now after thinking about it a bit more.  I have some charm squares I wanted to use, so maybe I can cut each of them into 4 - 2 1/2 squares

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,531
Points 22,970
Susie replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:08 AM

Just a few reminders for you "old" MQer's and some info for the new MQer's.

• There is a group for MQ6 and you all need to join that group (should be opened tonight).

I can't find the group...When I clicked on the link, I got a message telling me Access Denied. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:10 AM

Susie , sandy has not posted the group yet, I think it is suppose to be up by tonight. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:13 AM

Susie and Barbara,

I looked fold the group too, I thought Sandy meant last night, but I think you're right Barbara, its probably tonight....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,755
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:48 AM

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for supporting Missouri Star Quilt Co. I know the fabric will be fabulous! 

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,755
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:50 AM

Hi Everyone, 

I forgot to make the group go live last night, sorry about that. Everything should be up and running this morning. The fabric requirements and cutting instructions are in the Mystery Quilt Workshop and the Group is now live. Message me and let me know if you have any problems. 

I decided to make the Mystery Quilt as well. I am excited to share this experience with everyone. It will be my third quilt!!

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 9:03 AM

I joined the group about 2:20 am this morning.  The way to do it was a little weird, with an extra step, but it worked. 

I do not plan on using a jelly roll.  I will cut my strips from a variety of fabrics I already have.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 11 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use