Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 8 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 525

I have just started quilting this past September and I am HOOKED!!!  I also happen to be new to sewing altogether. I am interested in joining this Mystery quilt! It sure seems like fun! I guess even a beginner such as myself can jump in!!!!  I do have a question. The description says something about  steps being posted in the MQ 6 Workshop. I am not sure where that is on this site. I have not navigated around the site much, so I am not quite sure where to go. I am looking forward to this experience!!! Thank you!

Cathy from California

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 7:50 AM

Hi Cathy, welcome to the group. On the home page it will be posted on the left, under community fun.  It's not there yet, but MQ5 is still there.  You can also go to "groups," right side of the red band across near the top of the page.  In groups you will find all 5 of the MQs so far.  Some of them look complicated, but when broken down into steps it is not too difficult, even for a beginner.  And we are all so helpful with tips on how to do things. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 9:16 AM

Pat:

Looks like loads of fun...I've never done one here. Looking forward to joining everyone.

Pat

Upstate New York

Glad to have you join us Pat.  It should be a blast!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 9:21 AM

CathyQuilter:

I have just started quilting this past September and I am HOOKED!!!  I also happen to be new to sewing altogether. I am interested in joining this Mystery quilt! It sure seems like fun! I guess even a beginner such as myself can jump in!!!!  I do have a question. The description says something about  steps being posted in the MQ 6 Workshop. I am not sure where that is on this site. I have not navigated around the site much, so I am not quite sure where to go. I am looking forward to this experience!!! Thank you!

Cathy from California

Hi Cathy.  Welcome to the group.  The fabric requirements will be posted at the end of the month and we will have 2 or 3 weeks to get everything together, then off we go!

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 510
quig639 replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 8:32 AM

Can't wait to get started !!!

P A T   C  in  NY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,004
gini replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 8:56 AM

cathyquilter and pat c, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 1:23 PM

Ashley:

Thanks for the info!!  It sounds like I'm in!

Does it work to add different colors/fabrics as you go, or do you need to have it all figured out when you start?

You will need to have all of your fabric for the blocks and background but you can wait until later to get your border, binding and backing fabric.  Many of us prefer to wait on the B, B, & B until we see what the top looks like.

I see you have all been chatting about the MQ while I am burning up the sewing machine to get the steps and sample made.  I'm really excited to see so many newbies joining us.  I'm really looking forward to getting started and I think you are really going to like this pattern.  It won't be long now! 

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 6:28 PM

Pat:

Looks like loads of fun...I've never done one here. Looking forward to joining everyone.

Pat

Upstate New York

Hi Pat.  Welcome to the group.  This will be my first mystery quilt too.  Sounds like there will be a lot of first-timers for this one.  I'm sure we will have a blast! 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 6:30 PM

quig639:

Can't wait to get started !!!

P A T   C  in  NY

Pat Welcome to the group.  Sounds like there will be a lot of us doing this one.  The more the merrier!!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 1,870
Diane replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 9:53 AM

This is my first mystery quilt.  Will this reply sign me up or do I sign up elsewhere?

Diane - Tampa, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 10:04 AM

Diane ,you just did all you have to do is join us when it starts,real easy.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 12:46 PM

This sounds like fun.  I don't know what my schedule will look like but I'm putting this on my calendar so I'll remember to come back and looke for the beginning instructions.  :-)

Cindi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 5:58 PM

Diane:

This is my first mystery quilt.  Will this reply sign me up or do I sign up elsewhere?

Diane - Tampa, FL

Welcome to the group Diane.   Like Barbara said, consider yourself signed up!   I'm looking forward to working with you on this project.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 5:59 PM

Cindi:

This sounds like fun.  I don't know what my schedule will look like but I'm putting this on my calendar so I'll remember to come back and looke for the beginning instructions.  :-)

Cindi

Hi Cindi.  Welcome to the group!  

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 95
rebelroz replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 8:55 PM

I can't wait!!   But how do I "follow"?

Page 8 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use