Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 8
Points 445
Matthew Sparrow Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2009 10:13 PM

I joined months ago but just recently got my password straightened out. I felt like I locked myself out of my car by not being able to re-visit this site. I'm glad to finally be able to read through all the great posts on this forum. I hope to spend many winter nights on this site :)

OK Time for an introduction.

My name is Matt Sparrow. I am a long arm quilter from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. My wife have 8 kids and share an equal passion for quilting. Bradie designs patterns for beginner quilters while I'm busy stitching away on my millennium.

I hope to get to make some more quilting friends on this forum, so drop me a line...

Matt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Nov 27 2009 10:30 PM

Welcome to the QCA forums, Matt! It's nice that you and your wife share the same passion. It's also good to know we have another member from Canada! When you have time, we love to see photos, and we'd really like to see pictures of your quilts.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Fri, Nov 27 2009 10:44 PM

matt    welcome.  haveing just locked both sets of my keys in the car for the second time in 4 months.   i can definitely say that not having access to qca is worse, because  even though  my keys were awol. i was  still able to post on qca.   i live in north idah in a condo, and we have several neighbors,  that come down in the summer, from your neck of the woods.   enjoy your time here.    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 27 2009 11:36 PM

Matt, Welcome again to the site - Another Canadian - Helly and Edith will be very happy.  I would love to see some of you and your wife's quilts - is there a picture show for us in the future? 

I am so nosy but how did you get into quilting?  How many years?  What style of LA do you do?  Will we be hearing from your wife soon?  And did I read that right - 8 kids?  Wow!  Congratulations and when do you have time to quilt?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:06 AM

Hello Matt,

I welcomed you on another forum but I'll say again that it's wonderful to have you with us. I, like the others, would love to see some of your work sometime.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:23 AM

Matthew Sparrow:

I joined months ago but just recently got my password straightened out. I felt like I locked myself out of my car by not being able to re-visit this site. I'm glad to finally be able to read through all the great posts on this forum. I hope to spend many winter nights on this site :)

OK Time for an introduction.

My name is Matt Sparrow. I am a long arm quilter from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. My wife have 8 kids and share an equal passion for quilting. Bradie designs patterns for beginner quilters while I'm busy stitching away on my millennium.

I hope to get to make some more quilting friends on this forum, so drop me a line...

Matt

Hi Matt welcome  say hello to Bradie

Welcome to the QCA forums, Matt! It's nice that you and your wife share the same passion. When you have time, we love to see photos, and we'd really like to see pictures of your quilts.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:36 AM

Hi Matt,

Welcome, We have a great time here. Sounds like you have a lovely family. How about a picture of those children?

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 8
Points 445

Here's a look at my first wholecloth. I took a WholeCloth Design Class with Karen McTavish in April at MQX.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 11:47 AM

matt,  WOW!    forget the kids, i wanna see more of these quilts.    well,  maybe we could see both.   the kids could hold the quilts?     you are very gifted.   how old are  your kids and are any of them interested in quilting?    you could teach them a lot.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:23 PM

Welcome Matthew.  It is great to see a man on the site.  It is fantastic that you and your wife share the same passion for quilting.  Love to see some pics of your quilts.  I bet they are beautiful.  I think you will make lots of friends here but be prepared for a very chatty and nosy bunch of ladies....lol

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:26 PM

Matthew Sparrow:

Here's a look at my first wholecloth. I took a WholeCloth Design Class with Karen McTavish in April at MQX.

Matt all I can say is WOW.  I am speechless and that is very unusual as most of the people on here will atest to...lol    And  I would love to take a class from Karen McTavish

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:39 PM

Matt,

Absolutely gorgeous quilt and I still would like pictures of those children

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:08 PM

Matthew - that is awesome - one thing I have not done yet in my quilting life is make a whole cloth - I am ticking things off on my list and it is on the list - kind of like a bucket list...

Yours is absolutely fantastic - what did you think of Karen's tats?  Neat lady isn't she! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 4:20 PM

HOLY COW! What beautiful work you do Matt. I'm so glad you decided to join us. That quilt is fantastic.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 7:53 PM

Hello Matt and Welcome to QCA.  Your whole cloth quilt is fantastic!  Beautiful quilting.  I hope you'll include your name and location in the Where Do You Hail From discussion so I can add you to the list.  Glad to have you with us.

Southwest Florida

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use