Got Off on the Wrong Foot

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
79 Posts
Points 3,415
Rachel Young posted on Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:45 AM

I have a Brother HS-2000 Project Runway Limited Edition machine.

I purchased a SA129 Clear Quilting Foot (Screw on Foot), which I researched to make sure it was compatible with my machine.

Problem is, I can't get the darned thing on!

I've Googled it and came up with nothing. I'm assuming the fact that it's a 'screw on foot' means that I'll need to disassemble something...but no one will tell me what.

Can anyone help? I'm anxious to get started FMQing...but can't til I get this foot on!

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

Rachel in East Tennessee

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Answered (Verified) Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:17 PM
Verified by Rachel Young

Rachel got the pictures for you ,First one is to take off your foot and the bar that holds it .the second is your darning foot attach that to the bar the little bracket on the side goes around the little screw mmake sure you have the  bar on the foot over the top of the screw that holds the neddle ,the third picture is the darning foot attached then jst tighten it down, make sure you drop or cover your feed dogs, I hope this helped barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:50 AM

Rachel let me go check my brother and I;ll get back to you.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
79 Posts
Points 3,415

Woohoo! Thanks, Barbara!

Rachel in East Tennessee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:55 AM

Rachel On mine I have to take off the entire foot and then attach the darning foot to the machine the little bar should go on top of the needle bolt which makes it go up and down, there should be alittle bracket on the left side that wraps around the bar hanging down for your foot .that hold the bolt.then you tighten it down. Let me know if this helps or not and I can take a picture for you to see if ours are similar.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:57 AM

Rachel I'll go take somepictures for you ,give me some time.abiut 10 mins,barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,428 Posts
Points 416,059
Answered (Not Verified) gini replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:57 AM
Suggested by gini

You shouldn't need to disassemble anything.   My quilting foot for my Viking looks like yours.  There is a little arm on mine that needs to go over the horizontal shaft that you use to screw in the needle.

I have to remove the thingy that holds my feet on, unscrew it,  then screw in the quilting foot, it is tricky to get the arm into position.    I hope this helps you.   You could try contacting Brother for instructions or go to a brother dealer.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,428 Posts
Points 416,059
gini replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:59 AM

It looks like Barbara has you covered,   I love this place.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Answered (Verified) Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:17 PM
Verified by Rachel Young

Rachel got the pictures for you ,First one is to take off your foot and the bar that holds it .the second is your darning foot attach that to the bar the little bracket on the side goes around the little screw mmake sure you have the  bar on the foot over the top of the screw that holds the neddle ,the third picture is the darning foot attached then jst tighten it down, make sure you drop or cover your feed dogs, I hope this helped barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 40
Top 500 Contributor
Female
79 Posts
Points 3,415

Barbara, this is fabulous! Thank you so much!

I was watching Leah Day and she said she just sets the stitch length to 0, but never drops her feed dogs. I haven't watched the video on WHY she doesn't drop them, but was wondering if you've had any issues with dropping them to do FMQ.

Thank you for the pictures - they're a GODSEND!

Rachel

Rachel in East Tennessee

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:26 PM

Rachel that is what Ido to but I didn'twant to confuse you,so I didn't ssy anything ,I love doing it that wat .I also have one of those super slider sheet ,that are fabulous .If you can find one I highly recommend it.  Good luck and have lots of fun.Look foward to seeing how you do .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,428 Posts
Points 416,059
gini replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:27 PM

Rachel, that is how Leah learned and it works for her.  I need to try it out sometime.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
79 Posts
Points 3,415

Thanks ladies. Y'all have just been awesome!

I'll be trying my hand at FMQ for the first time tomorrow - we'll see how it goes!

Rachel

Rachel in East Tennessee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:30 PM

Rachle I think she drops her pressure foot to zero that drops thefeed dogs down some but not all the way I have a pressure control on my janome ,but not on my brother ,you may have one on yours since mine is an older machine. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,721 Posts
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:51 PM

I have tried setting my stitch to 0 and not dropping the feed dogs and didn't like it as well.  It seemed like I was meeting some resistance when I tried to move my quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:55 PM

Nana I think it the pressure control that  is set to zero.I never set the stitch length to zero ,Maybe I'm doing it wrong but it work for my machine.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use