Has anyone used Thangles?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 45 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie posted on Thu, Feb 23 2012 11:04 AM

I just learned about thangles and was wondering what you all thought about them???

• | Post Points: 125

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,422 Posts
Points 40,360
Answered (Verified) Mimi replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:10 AM
Verified by Annie

Nana:
I plan on using the triangulations program when I am going to be making a large number of blocks.  If it is just a few I will continue to use the 1/4 measure and mark my block.

I like your idea Nana.  And I also make the block 1/8 bigger and cut it down.  There are so many ways each one should just pick the technique that makes you happy. 

BTW I think you were liking the asterisk block from the Craftsy BOM.  I found a pattern this AM as I was looking through magazines.  If you have Quiltmaker May/June 2010 there is a scrappy quilt made with just asterisk blocks on pages 51 -53.  Not trying to give you more to do just saw it this morning and thought of you.

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,239 Posts
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:30 PM

Barbara:
Annie, that is were those frixion pens come in so handy ,they just iron off and they give you a good fine line. Barbara
Oh and I love those pens - I use them mostly for my embroidery - now I don't have to worry if I draw the line wrong or if my thread doesn't cover it - I just go over it with the iron and gone... fantastic.

I use the thangles as I said earlier only for the Buck a bloc quilts and they are great - no waste of fabric and if you make your stitch smaller and crease the stitching line when you go to remove the paper it comes off so easily... they are a time saver in that the work of drawing the lines is already done for you!  I do do the grids for large numbers though - I don't mind doing a lot of things like this old school ways ...

• | Post Points: 5
Page 4 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use