Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 10:00 AM

Max, I do the same thing with the dollar store address book to keep all my usernames/passwords in. Its so important to keep a record not only for yourself, but also in the event that something happens to you. This way your family has a way of checking or closing out your accounts. I had a mess with ebay after my dad passed away. He had quite an addiction and it took me forever to get into his account and cancel his purchases and account.

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 9:29 AM

Kris:
Nancy these days the criminals use keystroke capture software

I have discovered by accident that when I start to type my password in the ID line, the password shows up.  I do change my passwords frequently.  we have to at work.  Layers and layers of IDs and passwords to get anywhere.  For work alone I have 3 IDs and about 5 passwords.  And the passwords change every 3 months.  I always have problems when I am traveling and I want to get on-line to something like QCA and the password is not remembered on that computer. Another security thing at work, is if I am off line more than 15 minutes, I have to log in all over again.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I have a 3x5 card box with mine and I can right notes and I try to write the date I started and when I change the password. I keep the banking info on 4x6 cards in a different place not so accessible. I would be lost without my cards. lol

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 362
Points 8,312

I use one of those old phone number collectors with the slide on the side.  It goes to the letter you need.  Then I have everything with that letter on the one page.  I read once that we should use index cards in a box.  Then when you change your password, you can just write down the new one on the index card.  That's just another idea.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Fri, Feb 24 2012 11:21 AM

I keep everything in my telephone.  I don't know if that is safe or not but it helps me a lot.  For backup I use paper and pin a list on my cork board.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,698
Points 248,172
Thea replied on Fri, Feb 24 2012 12:49 PM

I am very lazy - same log in and same password - I can't remember much of anything so make it very easy for myself - I don't have that many places to log into so not to bad as I am not a member of very many places...lol  lazy yes with log ins - 

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use