Top 10 Posters

RECOMMEDED QUILT SHOPS

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 285
SHARRON posted on Tue, Feb 21 2012 8:46 AM

I will be traveling from Delaware to Colorado in the spring and I'm looking for recommendations of quilt shops that are on the way and close to major highways.  We are planning to stop in Worthington, OH, Indianapolis, St Louis, Abilene, Highlands Ranch, CO, Ft Collins, CO our our trip west.  Our route back home will have us stopping in Rapid City, SD, Des Moines, IA, Cinncinnati, OH and back to Delaware. 

We will primarily be on I-70, US 85, I-90, I-80, I-74, and back to I-70

If anyone knows of some nice shops in those areas, I would love to know about them.  Thanks!

• | Post Points: 140

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 11:58 AM

Bella

Sometimes the site kicks it out if you try to post more than one link per message.   Sometimes you can get 2 in one message but rarely more than that

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 12:20 PM

The other thing I've figured out about these question/answer posts is that I have the best luck using the "quick reply" link at the bottom and avoid using the usual "reply" link at the top - it's just the opposite of what I do on regular discussion threads.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
622 Posts
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:46 PM

Thanks, Nana and Nancy!

So,Britt - here is part one of my answer for you:

the following include 2 which are near Highlands Ranch (which is really just a subdivision) and they are in Littleton:

http://www.fabricexpressions.com/

http://www.thecreativeneedle.com/

(maybe this one says Englewood or Denver, depends on which side of the street it is on....)

Top 150 Contributor
622 Posts
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:47 PM

...and here is part 2:

This one is actually “Holly's Quilt Cabin”, and is in “Centennial” which is something like ½ mile either way of anything considered Littleton:

www.quiltcabin.com/

This one is pretty much “Brand New” and is a grab bag of needle craft/sewing/crochet/knitting, and I haven't been in it yet, however it is right off downtown, and is closest to I 70 and the “Mousetrap” highway mess. I think, if you call, you can find them easily:

http://www.fabricblissdenver.com/

There are a BUNCH all around the area., but these are closest to either I 70 or Highlands Ranch. My favorite is the Creative Needle, because, although they are also a combo of sewing crafts, they are really geared towards quilters, and have a lot of fabric, books, and tools.

If you want to know more about the area shops, friend me either here or on Facebook (Bella Conner) and I can message you lots of information. You will love your journey! :D

OH - DON'T FORGET:  HARRIET'S IS HERE, TOO - SHE IS JUST NORTH OF DOWNTOWN, SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER SHOP, IT IS:

HARRIET'S TREADLE - something, arts?  Crafts?  I drive there, so I don't need to know the exact name.  Anyway, that's the story, Morning Glory!

Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 285

Thank you all for your comments, recommendations.  I really might have to get the book.  I have the phone app and have used it to check my local shop but it does not even show up so I thought that getting recommendations may be better than relying solely on technology :).

Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 285
SHARRON replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 10:02 AM

I live near Dover, DE so I tend to go to the shops south of the Wilmington/Hockessin area.  I like Lil Country Store in Middletown, Chicks & Stitches in Dover (near the Dover AFB) and Mares Bears in Lewes, DE (where the Cape May-Lewes Ferry comes in to DE).  There was another shop closer to Hockessin,DE, but it closed recently - lost it's lease with about 3 days notice :(.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Points 1,240
diane replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 11:40 AM

Thanks!  I do get farther south during the summer (Lewes and Dover) because my husband plays with the Chesapeake Silver Cornet Brass Band (see chesapeakebrassband.org) and they give summer concerts down in that area.  Definitely, every year we have a concert date at the Lewes Library,  Every other year we go to the Dover Green.  The concerts are free so maybe I'll meet you some day.

I will look for the shops you mention.

Chews Landing, NJ

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use