Juki 2000QI Quilters Cruise Control

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 95
Susan posted on Sun, Feb 19 2012 9:27 AM

I was told that I could use Quilters Cruise Control for Juki TL98 Q on my Juki 2000QI.  Then after purchasing it I was told it won't work. 

Can anyone tell me why it won't work.  I am out $200.00 dollars and can't get the money back.

When I was sold the  Juki QI I was told it just took the place of the Juki TL98 Q so when I purchased the cruise control I thought it would all work.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Susan

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Sun, Feb 19 2012 9:50 AM

Unfortunately Susan I don't have any experience with Juki. But maybe if I can ask a few more questions... Does the cruise control just plug into the machine? Is there computer software?

And I really hate to ask this one...do you know for sure that the cruise control worked when you purchased it?

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 95
Susan replied on Sun, Feb 19 2012 3:41 PM

It has a cable  that plugs into the area were the sewing machine foot cable goes and other into the brain (gray cruise control box).

How I found out it won't work (thats what qullters cruise control company is telling me)is that I was ordering the other parts to hook it up to my quilting frame and I only orderd one decoder and it needs two.

The brain was in a unopened pink bag.  As far as I know it works.  I need the rest of  the parts to hook it up to my frame to check it out.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 95
Susan replied on Sun, Feb 19 2012 3:43 PM

I hope I didn't sound snippie about it working

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,838 Posts
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 19 2012 5:21 PM

Susan,

how is your machine set up. The Quilter's Cruise control comes with installation instructions for your particular frame. When you purchase it you should have been asked about your machine and frame.

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 95
Susan replied on Sun, Feb 19 2012 6:02 PM

I bought the brain from e-bay.  I have bought other things off of e-bay and did not have any problems.

I have a Happy Jack frame.  When I was ordering the parts I need to make the brain work they ask what kind of frame I have.  They are the ones that told me the brain would not work with my sewing machine.

I have talk to another person who is telling me the only thing different is my machineis that is has a auto thread cutter and thats it.  So I don't see what the different between a Juki 2000QI and the Juki TL98-Q/QE is

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,838 Posts
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 19 2012 7:24 PM

Susan,

if you visit the QCC website there is a list of machines and frames that are compatible with it. You need to have the right decoders for your frame.

The difference in the two machines may be an auto thread cutter but QCC may not have made a brain compatible with it yet. 

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 95
Susan replied on Mon, Feb 20 2012 4:01 PM

Thank you.  I hope thats what I need. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 8:27 AM

Can you return it if it is not compatible with your machine? 

I would email/call the ebay person you bought it from and tell them its not compatible as they said. If they give you a hard time I would tell them you will contact ebay and report them. That usually does the trick. I had the same problem with a laptop that my dad bought that wasn't in working order as they said. Although their policy was no returns; they refunded my dad's money because it wasn't as stated in the auction specs. Just another thought.

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 95
Susan replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 8:34 AM

I have contacted Juki to see about Juki 2000QI and Juki TL98Q-QE.  If there isn't any difference I don't see why I cant use it.  ALSO  Quilter's Cruise Control they don't have Juki 2000QI in there list.

I  will keep everyone informed with my progress or lack of.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use