Bobbins to go

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 100
llCleary Posted: Wed, Feb 15 2012 3:54 PM

I use an empty Altoid tin to hold my bobbins when going to classes or sit and sew.  After using it for a year I decided to decorate the lid - turned out cute,  The tin will hold 12 bobbins.  No more stopping to fill a bobbin,

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,235
Lori replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 3:58 PM

Excellent idea.  I always save these tins, now I have a good use for them.  Thanks!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:42 PM

Great tip.

I was keeping a couple extra filled bobbins on the upright sewing spool on my machine.  Then one afternoon as I was sewing along my machine came to an abrupt halt.  Good Grief!  What the heck was going on.  It took me several minutes to figure it out....   The thread had come a bit loose on one of the bobbins and got caught up in the works.  I had to pull the machine out of the cabinet and take almost all of the plastic parts off to get to the thread.  Long story short, it took quite a while to get almost a whole bobbins' worth of thread picked out of there.  The up side is that the machine still worked once I got it all back together :o)   I learned my lesson.  Now I keep the extra bobbins (naughty things) in the drawer where they can't get into trouble. LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Great tip IICleary and welcome to the group.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use