Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 250
Linda Posted: Wed, Feb 15 2012 10:55 AM

I just joined this club, hoping to share in this fun new mess I've gotten myself into.  I've been quilting for 5 years now.  I've quit my day job, stay up way too late, and wake up way too early with new ideas jumping out of my head.  I find it hard to get motivated to do any cleaning, wash, dinner. . .   I just want to quilt!!  I don't know many quilters where I live, so I'm excited to have a place to visit with others who share my passion.  I recently purchased the HQ Sweet 16 mid-arm quilting machine and am learning lots about FMQ.  I'm currently trying to find a thread that doesn't leave much lint for my sweet 16.   Any suggestions?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 11:39 AM

Linda

That sounds about right with your addiction.  I have alot of the same issues...LOL>   I really like Aurifil thread.  It is a beautiful thread and has very little lint.    This site has some of the best prices and a huge selection    www.pumpkinvinecorner.com     There are very fast on their shipping as well.  Have fun.    Hope you will share some pics with us of your quilts. 

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 12:26 PM

Welcome to our merry little band of Quilters, Linda. There is always room for one more. You will find lots of help, lots of idffereing opinions, and lots of fun at QCA. We get to know each other quickly and love each other just as quickly. There is so much here. Spend some time just looking around at all the forums, the fabric swaps, etc. Help is just a click away at any time. Oh, and check out our retreats. There are several coming up.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 2,360
1Lori replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 12:35 PM

welcome Linda,

I have the same problem with motivation and housework, I'd rather quilt.  You  will like it here everyone is really nice, friendly and likes to have fun.  Happy Quilting!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 12:43 PM

Just remember,  WE DO NOT RUN INTERVENTIONS!!! We do however network on the best places to shop.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 2:48 PM

Vivian :
WE DO NOT RUN INTERVENTIONS!!!

i need an intervention on this crazy idea ( whose was it anyhow) that we need to finish quilts.   i like the starting part much better and now there is  all this buzz, this pressure to finish them.  yech   finishing quilts is over rated, and where have i heard that before.   if i don't keep starting quilts, i might lose my ideas. poof, all those wonderful quilts in my head, gone. 

(ok, refocus gini)

linda, hello and welcome to our little group here.  we have a bit of fun here, just jump into any conversation you are interested in.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 3:40 PM

Linda, welcome to the club, you have found a great place to share your addiction ,I'm myself and a fabricholic..LOL housework who does housework   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 4:09 PM

Welcome Linda

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 4:31 PM

Welcome Linda,

I love Superior Threads, King Tut 40 wt. is the best!

Judylee

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 1,100
Cathy J replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:06 PM

Welcome, Linda! I have been bitten by the same addiction LOL and I'm loving it. This is a great place to enable your addiction.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:17 PM

Linda:

I find it hard to get motivated to do any cleaning, wash, dinner. . .   I just want to quilt!!  

Welcome Linda!  Housework ???  that is the last thing I want to do when I get home from work or have a day off.  I'd MUCH rather be quilting, cross stitching, reading, working in the garden......  Too many things to do to spend time cleaning LOL  I've got a 4 day weekend to look forward to so there's bound to be time to work on some quilts in there somewhere. WooHoo!!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:24 PM

Dara Beth:
I'd MUCH rather be quilting, cross stitching, reading, working in the garden......

Oh darn, gardening season will be here soon.  I usually love to garden, but now that I'm retired, the quilting bug has really taken hold.  I'm not as productive as many of the others in this club, but I really really want to be spending hours in the sewing room.  It's now a compulsion!

Welcome to QCA!  Let us know if we can be of any help finding your way around all the discussion threads and special interest groups.  There is a free-motion group you may want to join for ideas in using your HQ Sweet 16.  I have the HQ 16 with table-top frame.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,652
Points 136,017
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:33 PM

Hi Linda, welcome. You have come to the right place

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,488
Points 362,222
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 8:36 PM

Welcome Linda.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use