Top 10 Posters

Help me find a magazine - please

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
3 Posts
Points 135
kannp posted on Tue, Feb 14 2012 3:20 PM

Hello everyone. I am desparate to find an old quilters magazine from about 15 years ago and I thought I would give you all a shot. It had a cardinal quilt on the cover similiar to my picture. I don't know what magazine it was. I remember it also had a frog pattern in it and perhaps a maple leaf pattern. The quilt on the cover is almost identical to the one in my picture.

If you or you know of someone who might keep old quilting magazines, you would please pass it along. Of course, I would be happy to buy this particular magazine.

Thanks so much.

• | Post Points: 95

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,800 Posts
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 11:32 PM

Thanks Gini,

Please don't call me a hoarder. LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,767 Posts
Points 420,319
gini replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:36 AM

Annie:

Please don't call me a hoarder. LOL

and that would be the pot calling the kettle black.   i prefer to refer to myself as a collector of fine fabrics and other sewing armamentaria

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
622 Posts
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:48 AM

And the PUBLISHER for QUILTMAKER is the same as it is for McCalls!  I just looked it up, and it is in GOLDEN, CO  so if you want the actual magazine, I copied this from their site:

Send photos and letters to Quiltmaker, 741 Corporate Circle, Suite A, Golden, CO 80401.

These guys are wonderful!  I actually went to their offices once when I needed (ok, so I WANTED) a quilt pattern from a long time ago, too... and their office is like a Quilt Gallery, with all kinds of things hanging up, and they are sooooo nice!  Good luck!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,403 Posts
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:50 AM

I love this group.  Always so helpful.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,800 Posts
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 3:00 PM

gini:
and that would be the pot calling the kettle black.   i prefer to refer to myself as a collector of fine fabrics and other sewing armamentaria

I lile that!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

You rock, Gini,

You are not a hoarder, I just found that issue in my mags.  You are the quickest on the draw.LOL

Judylee

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 15
Judie replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 12:18 AM

Right now I am knee deep in sewing and crafting.  I will be continuing to sort them and decide which ones I will keep.  To make a long story short, I will be looking for it as I go.  If I find it, I will let you know and will send it to you.  My mom told me she wanted her things to go to someone who wanted them.....I figure mom would be happy to see it go to you.....Keep your fingers crossed.  I will let you know.......Judie

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.