needing help, looking to have quilt remade

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 135
kctazz posted on Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:01 PM

I'm wondering if anyone on here can help me.  I have a quilt that was hand-made by my great grandmother but it's not in very good shape anymore (because my mother was young and didn't know any better than to put it in the dryer back in the 70's).  There are about 20-30 panels of the quilt that are still in good condition and I was wanting to see if a new quilt could be made using those as a new pattern to have something of my family (everyone else is gone, I'm the last one).  Does anyone have any suggestions?

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi kctazz,

I love your quilt!  I am drawn to the oldies but goodies! Before restoring it, though, consider what you wish to do with it when it is finished.If you wish to use it gently, put it behind glass, hide it in a closet....

I would want mine displayed , I want to see mine.

With this type of quilt, I take more time and reinforce them more so that they are strong enough to handle the weight of hanging.  If you would like to discuss the remake in more detail, I will send you a friend request then my email address.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Points 75

There are lots of businesses out there that do quilt repair.  Just google it and you should be able to find one.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use