Top 10 Posters

Has anyone used any of Jacqueline deJonge's patterns?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,095
Joy posted on Sun, Jan 22 2012 3:27 PM

Has anyone used any of Jacqueline deJonge's patterns for their quilts? I found some exceptional patterns but they are all over $20 a piece. Wondering if its worth the money or not. Are the pattern's well written? Most of them seem to be pp or applique. 

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,250 Posts
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 3:56 PM

Joy - I have never done any of her patterns or her kits - but when I looked her up - they are all paper pieced patterns from what I saw and $20 a piece is a good price for those - Judy Niemeyers patterns run you upwards of $50 - so this would seem reasonable to me if you get the pattern pieces in the pattern.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,354 Posts
Points 414,909
gini replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:27 PM

joy   if the pattern is for a wole quilt,  that isn't an abnormal price.   juat looked at her patterns and they are wonderful

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,717 Posts
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 7:51 PM

Joy

That price isn't bad at all considering most paper pieced patterns can run upward of $50.   She has some beautiful patterns.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,095
Joy replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 8:59 PM

I had no clue...just assumed they would be the same price as regular patterns! That's what I get for assuming! I will be ordering one of Jacqueline's patterns very soon! I have the pp fever!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
641 Posts
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 1:07 PM

Hi Joy,

I have two of her patterns ( Blooming Tail and The colorful quilt). Both of them are pp patterns. The colorful quilt pattern has a quilt size draft in it with the instructions but I will have to make copies for the foundations... so this pattern will sit a little longer on the shelf LOL. and I just looked at the other pattern and I will have to make copies of the different blocks for this one too. So I guess that is why they are "cheaper" (I have some other pp patterns which come with all of the paper printed for the blocks).

Zsofia

Not Ranked
Female
9 Posts
Points 145

I have the pattern for Curling Colors.  I'm just learning paper piecing and have decided to make this for our guild's juried show.  If I don't have paper piecing down by the time I finish it, I never will!  Don't remember what I paid for the pattern but mid-$20's seems about right.  The pattern is almost a small book and she's written it in sections so it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Linda

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,250 Posts
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:15 PM

Joy, when I first answered you I didn't have any of her patterns in my house... I have one now - I just bought a beautiful kit with batiks and a purse that has her pattern in it.  I am ashamed to say I haven't opened it yet - but again - I can't do it today - but as soon as they say I am okay I'll open it and give you a very good answer as to what I think about her patterns.  I know I have several of Judy Niemeyers and think her quilts are gorgeous but her patterns stink... I work through them somehow - would not recommend them for a beginner or an intermediate quilter - only advanced ones doing paper piecing - I am hopeful that Jacqueline's are better.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use