Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,690
Debbie Posted: Sat, Jan 21 2012 10:15 AM

Sometimes, if we have been doing major quilting we can get a little...un-inspired. At these times, I like to take a break and sew something quick and fun. 

Recently, I had made 4 quilts in a very short time and was feeling a little "burned out". So, I decided I would make a sewing machine caddy, thread catcher, pin cushion combo. It was really fun, quick and easy and a quick fix for those of us who like to see a finished profect.

So, my tip is, take a break from big projects and do something quick and easy to get refreshed :)

Happy Quilting!

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 595
tish replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 8:26 PM

I enjoy making small projects.  I like to give little sewing and quilting projects as gifts.  I wish there were more books with quick little projects.  I made one of those sewing caddies too, they are really useful.  tish

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:42 PM

i do this when i am making a lot of complicated quilts.   i make an easy one to remember that i can make a quilt in a couple of days, i really can.   you're right it is a nice breather and then you're ready to tackle the monster again.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Good idea Debbie, it does us all good to do something different from time to time.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:10 AM

Debbie, this is a great idea , I love making small items for gifts I give at birthdays, they are fun and go real quick .I also like to make small wall hanging and quilts , they don't all have to be huge. LOL Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:33 AM

Barbara:
they don't all have to be huge

They don't?    Gee that must be where I am going wrong 'cause almost all of mine are huge....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:35 AM

Nana, You do lots of small projects to , I just don't know how you quilt those big ones ,heck I can barely hold the full size quilts,to get them finished , LOL  Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use