Top 10 Posters

quilting magazines

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
3 Posts
Points 150
Rosalie114 posted on Tue, Jan 17 2012 8:56 PM

I have many Quiltmaker and QuiltersNewsletter magazines going back to the 1990"s.   Do you know anyone or organization that would be interested in having them?  Will donate them, but will need help with shipping costs.  They are in very good condition and i just cant see throwing them away.

Thank you, Rosalie7@ptd.net

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
648 Posts
Points 10,145
Suggested by Jennsquilts

Rosalie, do you have a local quilter's guild that might like to have them?  Or another suggestion might be to post them on your local Craiglist under the arts and crafts section?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,272 Posts
Points 413,669
gini replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:16 PM

hi rosalie, welcome to the group.   i collect all my magazines every few months and my daughter takes them to the high school.   she says they don't last past 1st break.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,441 Posts
Points 127,549

Hi Rosallie and welcome to QCA!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,843 Posts
Points 85,675

HI, Rosalie, welcome. I keep ALL my magazines. Go back over them time and again for ideas.

One place you might consider is the Library, if they have a used bookstore. Or, the local Thrift Store.  The ones that are donated, in either place, here go like hot cakes. And, donating to either place brings back money to the community.  If you have a Senior Citizen Center, take them there. Lot's of seniors still quilt, like some of us here. Put a note in your local newspaper, too. Or sell them at a yard sale you have, or a neighbor has. They sell very well there.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,095
Joy replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 8:44 AM

Rosalie I would love to have them. I would be more than happy to pay shipping costs. I collect quilt magazines. That is if you haven't found a charitable organization. Private message me and we will discuss the details.

Welcome to QCA!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Top 200 Contributor
Female
371 Posts
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, Jan 19 2012 10:10 AM

Hi Rosalie;

How about donating them to your local library?  You can save on postage that way.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use